Census. Please respond.

Old June 9th 08, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla `=^. .^=`[_2_]

Default Census. Please respond.

"Jofirey"
Many curses to them. And glad it is now only an annoyance. Not the
problem it would have been when I was running a business. Of course I'd
have never let them near my business computer and would have had more
thorough back-ups.

Now I'm hunting for the emails I had in a saved received folder on
outlook. Some sentimental value. Plus I know they are here somewhere.
Jo

Have you checked into your 'sent' file?
I use outlook for my e-mail as well.
Kyla

Old June 10th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gennie

Current cats
Name: Marietta
Gender: female
Breed: Siamese-DSHmix
Colour: (eg, tabby & white)
Age: 5*
Source of cat: adopted from SPCA-Los Ageles
~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Rainbow Bridge
Name: Comet
Gender: female
Breed: Siamese-DSHmix
Colour: lynx-point + white
Source of cat: adopted from shelter
Age if went to RB: 6+ (adopted as age-unknown adult)
Cause of going to RB: CRF (probably geriatric related)

~ ~ ~

Gennie
Gender: F
Your age: (50-55)
Birthday month: Oct.
Location Calif., USA:
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 1
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 1
How long have you been with RPCA?: ca. 7 years
How did you find RPCA?: just surfed on in via Google

Old June 10th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in
RPCA.

~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

Name:Jacob (aka Jake, ****head)
Gender: M
Breed: Siamese - applehead
Colour: Seal point
Age: nine, almost ten
Source of cat: Breeder

Name: Molly (baby girl, tiger)
Gender: F
Breed: DSH,
Colour: Tabby calico
Age: four*
Source of cat: Adult feral rescue. Adopted from a group at PetCo ~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel
free to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe RB
Name: Firey's Dammit Sam
Gender: M
Breed: Siamese
Colour: Lilac Point
Source of cat: Breeder in Alaska
Age if went to RB: 18
Cause of going to RB Just plain old and tired. Stroke ~ ~ ~

Name: Firey's Dammit Sam
Gender: M
Breed: Siamese
Colour: Lilac Point
Source of cat: Breeder in Alaska
Age if went to RB: 18
Cause of going to RB Just plain old and tired. Stroke

Name: Ginger
Gender: F
Breed: DSJ Colour: Tri-color tabby
Source of cat: Feral. Neighboor hood stray (Told daughter, you can feed
her. If she is still here in a week, she can go to the vet for shots and
surgery. Then if she is still here in a month you can consider her ours)
Age if went to RB: 8*
Cause of going to RB Feline Leukemia

Name: Henry the Eighth
Gender: M
Breed: Siamese
Colour: Blue Point
Source of cat: Breeder Age if went to RB: 5
Cause of going to RB Caught leukemia from Ginger. But she lived much
longer than he did.

Name: Maggie
Gender: F
Breed: DSJ Colour: Tri-color tabby
Source of cat: Feral. Neighboor hood stray (Told daughter, you can feed
her. If she is still here in a week, she can go to the vet for shots and
surgery. Then if she is still here in a month you can consider her ours)
Same deal as Ginger. Nearly identical looks.
Age if went to RB: 4*
Cause of going to RB She had very poor balance. Probably from ear
infection early on. And a fondness for walking the tops of the fences and
teasing the neighborhood dogs. It was finally a fatal combination.

Name: Rosie
Gender: F
Breed: Siamese (Show type)
Colour: Seal point
Source of cat: Breeder Age if went to RB: 2
Cause of going to RB: Got a bad scare and ran out the front door.
Unfortunately into a yard with guard dogs.

Name: Snowball
Gender: F
Breed: DSH
Colour: White
Source of cat: Barn cat kitten Age if went to RB: A few months
Cause of going to RB: Distemper. Back in the fifties, didn't know about
shots, etc.

About us:

Gender:Both
Your age: Ancient
Birthday month:November December
Location California
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 2
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 2
How long have you been with RPCA?: 10 years?
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?: I was using usenet for tax
research. (and not paying a lot of attention to work it seems. ~ ~ ~

Old June 10th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

On Fri, 6 Jun 2008 13:54:41 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

As Kyla pointed out, its been a long time since we did a census here in
RPCA.

So, here's the census questions (all are, naturally, entirely voluntary and
you don't have to answer all of them). They're in three sections: current
cats, cats that are no longer with us, and about us.

(Please note that if you don't want to put your individual details up on the
group, but would like to have you data included in the final compilation,
you can e-mail me (remove the spam trap). I promise not to publish any data
that can be traced back to any one individual)
~~~

Current cats
For each cat, please answer:

unfortunately, none at the moment

~ ~ ~

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe (Rainbow Bridge, Missing in Action, Rehomed, Unknown etc)
Name:
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would be
female*)
Breed: (DSH, for example)
Colour: (eg, tabby & white)
Source of cat: Just turned up one day and declared the place home,
neighbourhood stray, given to you, adopted from shelter, adopted from pet
shop, adopted from breeder etc etc
Age if went to RB:
Cause of going to RB (if known):

Tiger, female*, DSH, orange tabby of unknown age. Adopted from a
neighbor, found dead at the side of the road after a nightly carouse.

Tribble, male, DSH tuxedo kitty. Adopted from a neighbor, PTS at age
16 (liver cancer)

Natasha, female, DSH, tabby (browns and greys with white tips and
darker tabby stripes - might almost be considered a brindle
coloration). Adopted from a friend's farm. PTS at age 19 when she told
me she'd had enough.

~ ~ ~

About us:

Gender:
Your age: (in 5-year bands,14 or less, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,
etc etc)
Birthday month:
Location (state, country):
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment:
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time:
How long have you been with RPCA?:
(If you can remember) How did you find RPCA?:

Jeanne, 39, May, Indiana, none, 2, at least 7-8 years (post-split,
pre-9/11), stumbled upon it

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old June 10th 08, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kathy[_2_]

1 Gray shorthaired domestic cat, faint stripes on tail.
Named Princess Woodgie - approximately 2 years old, saved "alley cat" when
approiximately 8 weeks. Spayed female. Pale green eyes.

Old June 10th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Mischief wrote:

snip

I joined around the time I started my vet technician career. Most of
you will remember my Vet Tech journals, chronicially my journey as a
student from starting classes to me graduating and passing my state
boards.

Must post a complete update one of these days....

Yes, please do. I loved your vet tech stories, as I'm sure many people did.

Yowie

Old June 10th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kathy wrote:

1 Gray shorthaired domestic cat, faint stripes on tail.
Named Princess Woodgie - approximately 2 years old, saved "alley cat" when
approiximately 8 weeks. Spayed female. Pale green eyes.

Princess Woodgie!! How did she get that name, may I ask? I'm interested
because "Woodgie" is my nickname for Smudge. (Or just plain "Woodge".)

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old June 10th 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stef

Here's ours...

Name: Indie
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would
be
female*) female
Breed: (DSH, for example) DSH
Colour: (eg, tabby & white) brown tabby with white paws
Age: (if unsure, indicate a 'best guess' with a star eg, "about four"
would
be 4*) 8 weeks*
Source of cat: Purchased from a local lady

Name: Ivy (Sister to Indie)
Gender: (use a star to indicate intactness. ie, a breeding queen would
be
female*) female
Breed: (DSH, for example) DSH
Colour: (eg, tabby & white) white with 'puddles' of tabby

Old June 10th 08, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
lewe[_2_]

Current cats

Name: Thea a.k.a. the grey one
Gender: female
Breed: Abyssinian
Colour: ruddy
Age: 10 (b Dec 4 1997)
Source of cat: rescue of breeder (well, she was driving them crazy, razing
around and playing together with mum ...)

Name: Bono a.k.a. the red one
Gender: male
Breed: Abyssinian
Colour: sorrel Age: 10 (b Feb 1 1998)
Source of cat: same breeder as with Thea
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
About us:

Gender: female
Your age: 48
Birthday month: Jan Location (state, country): Malmö, Sweden
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 2
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: 2
How long have you been with RPCA?: since early 1998, so 10 years
How did you find RPCA?: combination of checking out what's up with NGs and
wanting to find something out about cats (also rpch+b), even if I haven't
posted lately I still skim the group most every day and we keep up The
Purr on this end! ~ ~ ~

Old June 10th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Wayne Mitchell

"Yowie" wrote:

Current cats

Name: Will (William of Orange)
Gender: Male
Breed: DSH mutt
Colour: orange tabby
Age: 14*
Source: Adopted from shelter at age 9*

Name: Heidi
Gender: female
Breed: DLH mutt, obviously some Maine Coon
Colour: torby
Age: 7*
Source: Adopted from shelter at age 2*

We also don't want to forget the cats that are no longer with us. Feel free
to list any other cats you have been slave to:

Whe RB
Name: Zubie (named after Zubin Mehta, because of her coloring)
Gender: female
Breed: DSH mutt
Colour: Black and white tuxedo (although in summer her black turned
auburn on the flanks and you could make out tabbing in it)
Source: Rescued from local, ignorant "breeder" at six weeks because they
were flea infested and not thriving. Littermate of Flicka.
Age if went to RB: 14
Cause of going to RB: renal failure (call it CRF, but she didn't have
much time to acquire the "C")

Whe MIA, RB
Name: Flicka (named after Frederica von Stade)
Gender: female
Breed: DSH mutt
Colour: grey-brown tabby & white
Source: Rescued from local, ignorant "breeder" at six weeks because they
were flea infested and not thriving. Littermate of Zubie.
Age if went to RB: 12
Cause of going to RB: not known, but in this area it was most likely a
fisher or coyotes

About us:

Gender: Male
Your age: 60-64
Birthday month: August
Location (state, country): Maine, USA
Number of cats you are slave to at the moment: 2
Maximum number of cats you've had at any one time: As an adult, 2; as a
child, sometimes more than a dozen barn cats.
How long have you been with RPCA?: 3 years
How did you find RPCA?: Went to RPCH+B to ask about treatments for
Will's asthma; told an anecdote and got banished to RPCA. :-)
--

Wayne M.