A contribution for the Pirate Ship

Old November 17th 03, 06:53 PM
Denise VanDyke

Default A contribution for the Pirate Ship

I humbly (being only a hoomin) offer this song to those aboard the Good
Ship Mouser. I hope that it meets with approval. For those who don't
know the original tune, find someone who does rennaissance faires, SCA,
or likes sea chanties. Odds on they *will* know this one.
Traditionally, songs like this are almost never-ending as verses are
added over time. I've seen upwards of 20 verses for this one, not
including minor variations, for example. I'm sure that I forgot some
methods, so please feel free to add verses.

- Denise (owned and manipulated by Brenna)

Sleeping Human
(tune: Drunken Sailor)

Chorus:
Way hay and up she rises
Way hay and up she rises
Way hay and up she rises
Earl-eye in the morning

What shall we do with a sleeping human (3x)
Earl-eye in the morning!

Sit and stare with a deadly gleaming

Poke her in the eye with one paw gently

Stick a whisker up her nose

Bite her nose while purring loudly

Wash her face with a rough, rough tongue

Knock the stuff off of the dresser

Over her face make hurking noises

Find a shoe and hurk right in it

Howl and holler, loudly, loudly

Chase the bedmice quick and deadly

If a girl pounce on the chest
If a boy pounce lower yet
Either way the bladder’s best
Earl-eye in the morning!

Old November 17th 03, 08:18 PM
Yoj

"Denise VanDyke" wrote in message
[...]

Bravo! Bravo!

Skeeter and Lindy

Old November 17th 03, 11:04 PM
MaryL

"Denise VanDyke" wrote in message
I humbly (being only a hoomin) offer this song to those aboard the Good
Ship Mouser. I hope that it meets with approval. For those who don't
know the original tune, find someone who does rennaissance faires, SCA,
or likes sea chanties. Odds on they *will* know this one.
Traditionally, songs like this are almost never-ending as verses are
added over time. I've seen upwards of 20 verses for this one, not
including minor variations, for example. I'm sure that I forgot some
methods, so please feel free to add verses.

- Denise (owned and manipulated by Brenna)

Sleeping Human
(tune: Drunken Sailor)

This is absolutely hilarious! I laughed all the way through it -- what a
great way to get the psyche in correct position. Thanks for sharing it.

MaryL

Old November 18th 03, 02:30 PM
dsh-diva

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:53:25 -0800, Denise VanDyke
wrote:

[...]

Bravo!! Fur a Hoomin, youze gotted pritty good insite into a kittees
life. Quik pass da moosic sheets out and weel all sing....
Xena and Callisto

Old November 18th 03, 07:00 PM
ChildFree23

[...]

Talisker Pippin, are you there? Meow thinks this is one for the Siamese
Cats Choir Songbook!

Kitty Schottland DOC
Chief Tortie In Residence