An Update on Pirate :o)

Old July 9th 04, 03:03 PM
Christine Burel

Default An Update on Pirate :o)

For those of you who remember my cat sagas of the summer of 2003, I managed
to find a nice home for Pirate, a gorgeous silver longhaired kitty who
strayed into my backyard. (This was at the same time period that I'd
committed to taking in wild Tucker (after he'd bit me) and shy Robin, also
strays.) I eventually took Pirate in to my vet because he got beat up in a
cat fight and tests turned up he was FIV+. I made up flyers about Pirate
and took them to the local vets' offices and also to local cat rescue groups
in hopes of finding someone who could help this shy special needs boycat. I
was extremely lucky in finding a wonderful couple (via the rescue group,
PACA, )who already had 2 FIV+ cats (Frodo and Frieda) and were looking for a
third! In November 2003, Pirate went to his new home and in January I went
to visit and took pictures. I've since been in touch with the family and
check up on how Pirate's doing from time to time.

Here's the latest info from his meowmie, Diane:

"Pirate, Frodo, and Frieda are all doing fine. Pirate has come a long way
from his first days here when he hid behind furniture to avoid being seen.
He now struts around like he owns the place. In fact, he somehow got the
idea that he should be the top cat in town. He fluffs himself up, gets a
"danger" look in his eyes, and intimidates the heck out of Frodo. Now Frodo
hides when Pirate enters the room. When Frodo takes off running, Pirate
chases him, but other than making a lot of noise, I don't think they
actually fight. (I never see a scratch on either of them.) Frieda, on the
other hand, pretty much ignores both the males. Their little daily dramas
make us laugh.
Pirate still likes to sit next to me on the sofa in the evenings. I
scratch him behind the ears and he leans against me and chirps. He never
seemed to understand the concept of sitting in someone's lap. However, he
is getting a little more tolerant when I try to brush him. He will let me
get in several light brushes before he gets annoyed. Pirate also likes to
visit with my husband, George, when he is sitting on the sofa, because
George feeds him little gourmet kitty treats. "

Thought ya'll would like to hear this, too!
Christine
piccies of Pirate can be seen at my yahoo page:
http://photos.yahoo.com/cfbureltoo

Old July 9th 04, 03:23 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:03:43 -0600, "Christine Burel"
yodeled:
(snip)

Thought ya'll would like to hear this, too!
Christine
piccies of Pirate can be seen at my yahoo page:
http://photos.yahoo.com/cfbureltoo

Wow, quite a transformation! He's a stunning cat.

Theresa

Old July 9th 04, 03:57 PM
Sherry

Oh, I remember Pirate! How nice to hear the good outcome for him. He's a lucky
one. You did good.

Sherry
Old July 9th 04, 03:57 PM
Sherry

Old July 9th 04, 08:25 PM
lrulan

Good news about Pirate. I'm so happy to hear when special needs cats find
forever homes.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old July 9th 04, 11:21 PM
Cheryl

In the fine newsgroup "rec.pets.cats.anecdotes", "Christine Burel"
artfully composed this message
within on 09 Jul 2004:

[...]

Good job girlie! I remember that handsome Pirate. I'm so glad all
is going well. Thanks for the update.

--
Cheryl