Making dry food look/smell/taste like wet food

Old October 29th 03, 01:52 AM
Ray Ban

Default Making dry food look/smell/taste like wet food

I'm posting on behalf of a neighbor who's training her cat to eat
canned food instead of dry food. She simply won't touch canned food, I
mean the cat not my neighbor. The cat hasn't eaten anything in 3 days
-- meows a lot! My neighbor tried mixing dry & canned, but the cat
would simply eat whatever dry food she can, avoiding any canned food.
I suggested perhaps trying to make the dry food look like canned by
waking it wet somehow (gravy or some kind of sauce). The cat would
stil eat the dry food but may somehow get used to eating it wet. Then
slowly add real canned food.
Old October 29th 03, 02:01 AM
Cheryl

In om,
Ray Ban composed with style:
I'm posting on behalf of a neighbor who's training her cat to eat
canned food instead of dry food. She simply won't touch canned
food, I mean the cat not my neighbor. The cat hasn't eaten anything
in 3 days -- meows a lot! My neighbor tried mixing dry & canned,
but the cat would simply eat whatever dry food she can, avoiding
any canned food. I suggested perhaps trying to make the dry food
look like canned by waking it wet somehow (gravy or some kind of
sauce). The cat would stil eat the dry food but may somehow get
used to eating it wet. Then slowly add real canned food.

I've been battling the same thing with a former feral cat (who you'd
think would eat anything) and with all of the suggestions I was given,
the one working a little bit for me so far is crushing dry and
sprinkling on the canned. But not just dry, she didn't go for the
regular dry she will eat, she will go for the canned if the dry I
crush is the Wysong treats that she's discovered she adores. The only
treat I've found she likes (doesn't like tuna, doesn't like cooked
chicken chunks, doesn't like any raw meat) is called Wysong Cat
treats. Hard to find. One suggestion that had promise in the earlier
days was taking some of the cubed-type canned and mixing in about 4-5
cubes in with the dry but she ate around it. Better than mixing dry
and canned which had no good results. Making dry food mushy with
water didn't work with her, either. One of my last resorts will be
Hill's Mixit (a large can of "gravy") which I have lots of and will
try next.

Old October 29th 03, 02:01 AM
Cheryl

In om,