Dammit Spot, QUIT IT!

Old December 18th 05, 12:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Dammit Spot, QUIT IT!

Up early on a Sunday for good reason? Noooooo. Not me. My boy Spot has been
unusually mischievious the past few days and saw fit to awaken me at 6am
purring, slobbering in, and biting my ear. He had been in earlier, burrowed
under the blankets, and laid down face to face with me resting his head on
my arm. That lasted about an hour. He stirred with a good deal of purring
and the morning kitty annoyance festival was on. He was off to roust his
brother out of my son's room then returned to pester me. Walking up along my
ribs is rather uncomfortable when a 20 lb cat places his full weight on his
front paws. The customary rooting and nuzzling at the ear gave way to
snorting, purring, licking, and finally a few good hard chews to get me up.
He wasn't being gentle about it either. Okay, I'm up...... now what...?

Spot has been on a roll lately. Yesterday he was out to annoy Cassie, my 7
year old female as much as possible. Cassie was at the big bowl eating when
Spot dropped by. He draped his head over her shoulder and crowded in to
watch as she ate. He pretty much just leaned on her until she was crowded
away. Cassie was in bed with me yesterday morning snuggled alongside under
the blankets as normal. Spot came up on the bed and walked up towards the
lump that was Cassie. He pounced lightly with his front paws just behind
her - enough to pull the blanket down tight on her and make her let loose a
snarly growl. Spot stopped and looked at me as if to say "Listen.. you hear
what a old cow she's being ?" He poked at her a few more times till she got
up and left. The look of satisfaction on his face was unmistakeable.

Upon my arrival home yesterday, I sat on the sofa next to my wife and put my
car keys on the coffee table. Spot jumped up on the table in front of me and
sat looking at me. I said hello and reached out to pet him. He ducked my
hand and immediately swatted my keys off on the floor - then give me the
'Whatcha gonna do about it?' look. I picked the keys up and returned them to
where they had been. Spot stood and shoved the keys off the opposite side of
the table from where I was sitting, looked over his shoulder at me, then
jumped down, picked up the keys in his mouth. He carried them through the
kitchen and dropped them on the floor at the entry to the hallway, then went
away. All of his little misdeeds are carried out with an aura of intense
self pride, a look of contentment and accomplishment. He's an ornery little
butthead suddenly, he knows it, and he's proud of himself.

Old December 18th 05, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Sounds like a normal cat to me. ;-)

Michelle

Old December 19th 05, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"bookbug2005" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sounds like a normal cat to me. ;-)

Michelle

Aye.. It's the extreme concentrations of his normalcy that spice things up
around here. Nothing quite compares to a smart antagonist who knows which
buttons to push - feline or human, and enjoys every minute of it.

Old December 19th 05, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Hehehehe I love it.. that cat definitively has his act down pat..

--
Will~

"... so that's how liberty ends, in a round of applause."

Queen Amidala, The revenge of the Syth.