Dusty is loosing a tooth!

Old November 22nd 03, 02:09 AM
TJ and The Dust

Default Dusty is loosing a tooth!

Egads, this cat is falling apart! Today one of his lower canine teeth just fell
over. It is hanging out his mouth in a most snaggletooth kinda way. It doesn't
seem to bother him. He let me touch it. I thought I might be able to pull it
out but it didn't come out to easily. He wolfed down a can of food, grazed the
dry food bowl, drank water, took a tongue bath..... it is not effecting him at
all. I am sure that it will fall out on it's own. TED is calling tomorrow with
his thyroid results (if they come in) and I can ask her what to do. His eye is
clearer, not oozing but the membranes are still a little reddish pink and he
squints.

Between the Popeye squint on the left eye and the snaggletoothed snarl on the
right ... he is one pathetic sight.
Well I hope that we can get his "elderly" problems under control soon. Poor
guy.

TJ

Old November 22nd 03, 02:37 AM
OU812?

TJ and The Dust wrote:
[...]

is the root coming out as well or just the top of the tooth? It could be a
cervical lesion and just the top of the tooth has broken off. If so, you
should get him to the vet soon to have the root taken care of

Kristy
--
"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly." - Arthur Carlson

Old November 22nd 03, 04:20 AM
Victor Martinez

TJ and The Dust wrote:
Egads, this cat is falling apart! Today one of his lower canine teeth just fell

LOL!

Between the Popeye squint on the left eye and the snaggletoothed snarl on the
right ... he is one pathetic sight.

Poor baby! We'll keep purring for you. Fez says the tooth-less look is
all the rage. Then again, he's just finished loosing his baby teeth, so
what does he know?

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 22nd 03, 04:23 AM
Marina

"TJ and The Dust" wrote
snip

Between the Popeye squint on the left eye and the snaggletoothed snarl on

the
right ... he is one pathetic sight.
Well I hope that we can get his "elderly" problems under control soon.

Poor
guy.

Aww, poor Dusty. I hope the test results will give the answer to why he's
losing his flabulousness, and purrs that the eye and tooth situations clear
up.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 22nd 03, 05:20 AM
TJ and The Dust

The tooth has fallen out, uneventfully. I found it in the dry food bowl when I
went to replenish it. Dusty is utterly unaffected. He immediately put his face
into the dry food and started eating. I took a look at the tooth, it is
basically the whole canine with a very, very rotted out bottom. Where the tooth
was looks okay. It's not swollen or red, he doesn't flinch when I touch the
area. It basically looks like my daughter gums when she loses teeth. I will
let TED know tomorrow about the tooth and see what she says.

Kelsey wrote a letter to the tooth fairy on Dusty's behalf. She asked for money
or a cat toy. I told her I didn't think there was a Feline Tooth Fairy. She
disagrees. Guess Dusty will be getting 50 cents under his pillow, or udder.....

TJ

Old November 22nd 03, 08:31 AM
LOL

"TJ and The Dust" wrote in message ...
[...]

Awww, poor Dusty! We are sending purrs to him and to you - I hope all
gets straightened out asap.
------
Krista
Old November 22nd 03, 09:24 AM

TJ and The Dust wrote:

Between the Popeye squint on the left eye and the snaggletoothed snarl
on the right ... he is one pathetic sight.

JPEGS?

Seriously, poor Dusty. Old age is not for sissies.

Joyce
Old November 22nd 03, 11:50 AM
Hairball

il 22/11/2003 3.09 TJ and The Dust ha scritto :

TED is calling tomorrow with
his thyroid results (if they come in) and I can ask her what to do.

About the tooth?? Cross your fingers that you can
find it and turn it into a pendant ))

Dynasty is 5 yers old and has 2 teeth left... she
has no problem at all with that and she still
prefers dry food to the soft one
Also our TED confirmed that living without teeth
is much much better than living with a toothache

So, purrs & prayers for the rest of TED's
matters.... but don't worry for the teeth )))