Emily cooks the books

Old April 1st 04, 07:22 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:06:47 -0500, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

"LOL" wrote in message
. com...
"Bobcat" wrote in message

m...
This morning I settled into my home office to enter expenses etc. in a
ledger. Emily, my grey feline assistant, padded across the desk to help.

turned to answer the phone, forgetting I'd left the rubber stamp-pad

open.
Emily planted her paw in it and made some big black entries all over the
ledger page I was working on. When I discovered this I tried to tally up

the
entries she'd "corrected" so I could restore the figures she'd blotted

out.
It was only then I realized she'd also stepped on the calculator keypad.

carried her to the bathroom, washed my fingers, returned to the office

with
a damp cloth, wiped off her inky paw and she strolled away, obviously
pleased with her morning's work.

Awww, what an excellent helper! I am fortunate enough to have 2
office kitties too; Ozzy was particularly helpful today. His
Orangeness loooooved me today because I was wearing black pants and a
black sweater; he jumped up in my lap for a nice snuggle, so that when
a client walked in a few minutes later, I was wearing at least as much
orange fur as he was. Then, while the same client was still there, Oz
went outside and brought in *two* lizards to chase around the office.
That's the kind of help you just can't find every day. :-)
Krista

Are you in the investment business? If so, perhaps Ozzy thought the lizards
looked like the geckos in the Geico Insurance Company ads, and was hinting
that your client buy one of their policies!

Those ads crack me up. Maybe it's because of all the geckos in my
dad's patio.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 1st 04, 08:14 PM
Bobcat

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 12:06:47 -0500, "Bobcat"
yodeled:

"LOL" wrote in message
. com...
"Bobcat" wrote in message

[...]

Release the gecko! (Sorry folks - inside humour from another newsgroup)

Old April 3rd 04, 03:15 AM
LOL

Steve Touchstone wrote in message . ..

what an excellent helper, first he helps you get ready for the
customers and then provides entertainment

Indeed. For the last couple of days, he has outdone himself in
helpfulness, assisting me in rearranging furniture. Not a piece was
moved but had Ozzy riding on it. It is extremely helpful when moving
a two-ton (so it seemed, I swear) desk from one room to another to
have a fat orange kitty sitting on it all the while.

------
Krista

PS: Apologies if this appears twice. Sometimes that "Internal Server
Error" message is just a lie
Old April 3rd 04, 03:17 AM
LOL

"Bobcat" wrote in message ...

Are you in the investment business? If so, perhaps Ozzy thought the lizards
looked like the geckos in the Geico Insurance Company ads, and was hinting
that your client buy one of their policies!

Heh. No, this is a law office; we are more likely than not to sue the
gecko. Maybe that's what Oz was trying to tell us. ;-)

------
Krista

Emily - "chat" means "cat" Brenda Cat anecdotes 6 December 25th 03 03:50 AM
Emily and Max Brenda Cat anecdotes 2 November 24th 03 01:18 AM
Emily and Max Brenda Cat anecdotes 6 November 23rd 03 01:30 AM