Baby Eyes & a Stray Beagle

Old March 31st 04, 09:56 PM
Pat

Default Baby Eyes & a Stray Beagle

Gloria came over today with a small beagle in her arms that she had found
while she was walking in the woods, checking the fences. I was scared when I
saw her approach, thinking the little dog might be injured, but no, she was
carrying him because her dogs were unhappy about his presence and being mean
to him.

The beagle had a name and phone number on his collar, and Gloria used my
phone to leave a message on the owner's phone to call me, then left the dog
in my living room and went home. Meanwhile, Abelard, Tommy and Eli all had
their fur and backs raised and kept their distance. Baby Eyes was in another
room at the time.

The beagle noticed the catfood dish on the kitchen floor and headed that
way, so I carried him outside and tied him to a post at the base of the
porch steps, to await the owner to reclaim him. I didn't want to let him eat
here and get any notions about coming back.

A little while later, I went out on the porch. Baby Eyes followed me, walked
right up to the beagle, sniffed him for a few moments, then began licking
his head.

I don't think I've ever seen a cat spend so little time investigating a dog
before treating it like a beloved family member. Baby Eyes never ceases to
amaze me.

Old March 31st 04, 11:40 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:56:55 -0600, "Pat"
yodeled:

[...]

That is so sweet.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 1st 04, 12:27 AM
Yowie

"Pat" wrote in message
[...]

What a gorgeous story!

Yowie

Old April 1st 04, 02:33 AM
Victor Martinez

Pat wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a cat spend so little time investigating a dog
before treating it like a beloved family member. Baby Eyes never ceases to
amaze me.

Awww... what a lovey! I'm really interested to see how our kids will
react to my MIL's new d*g Daisy.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 1st 04, 04:51 AM
Marina

"Pat" wrote

A little while later, I went out on the porch. Baby Eyes followed me,

walked
right up to the beagle, sniffed him for a few moments, then began licking
his head.

I don't think I've ever seen a cat spend so little time investigating a

dog
before treating it like a beloved family member. Baby Eyes never ceases to
amaze me.

Aww, how sweet!

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old April 1st 04, 06:20 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

A kitty angel for sure.

Old April 1st 04, 03:40 PM
Adrian

Awwwwwww.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy, Milo & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old April 1st 04, 06:06 PM
Pat

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
How sweet! How did the beagle take it?

Just stood there looking sorta dumb. He was a sweet pup.

I've wanted to get a dog for a long time, maybe I will now...

Baby Eyes, the Bird-Whisperer Pat Cat anecdotes 13 February 7th 04 07:39 AM
Baby Eyes & me Pat Cat anecdotes 11 January 3rd 04 04:04 PM
The Stray Kitty. (VERY LONG) Flippy Cat anecdotes 24 November 9th 03 09:48 PM
Baby Eyes Teaches Proper Etiquette Pat Cat anecdotes 4 August 22nd 03 11:48 PM