cat-jacking

Old April 2nd 04, 03:46 AM
Tish S

Default cat-jacking

Those Kiwi (New Zealand) cats are getting adventurous!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1079591.htm

Grumpy cat survives wild car-top ride

A grumpy house cat was the toast of New Zealand traffic authorities
after it survived a hairy ride through a city clinging to the roof of
a car, with the driver unaware of the drama.

John Sutton of Tauranga, southeast of Auckland, thought he had chased
his seven-kilogram grey Persian, called Bono, from his car before he
set off for work this week, the New Zealand Herald reported.

After travelling three blocks at 50 kilometres an hour along a busy
city street, he had to slow down. Something fluffy slid down the
windscreen and gripped the wiper blades. "It gave me a hell of a
fright," Mr Sutton said. "Then I realised it was Bono and he was
bloody petrified."

Police Constable Tim Shields was on patrol when he saw the car coming
toward him. "The expression on that cat's face was hilarious,"
Constable Shields said. "It was wide-eyed and obviously knew the
consequences if it let go."

The cat was returned home inside the car.

--AFP

Glad there was no harm done to Mr Bono.

Tish
Old April 2nd 04, 11:12 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Those Kiwi (New Zealand) cats are getting adventurous!

Hah! They are behind the times.

See

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/missionimpossible.html

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 2nd 04, 01:47 PM
Alan Erskine

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
Those Kiwi (New Zealand) cats are getting adventurous!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s1079591.htm

Grumpy cat survives wild car-top ride

A grumpy house cat was the toast of New Zealand traffic authorities
after it survived a hairy ride through a city clinging to the roof of
a car, with the driver unaware of the drama.

I'd be rather upset too. Can't blame Bono one bit if the guy's got a few
extra claw marks..

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old April 2nd 04, 03:57 PM
lewe

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Ha - this must be one of them Urban Legends or some sort ...
*No* cat by the name of Bono could ever possibly be desribed as "grumpy"!
What a totally preposterous idea!
And that a cat going by such a nobel name would be silly enough to get on
car roof like that!? Absurd indeed!
The story might have worked - had they just chosen a different name ...
The Real Red Bono
Mjau! (Swedish meow)

Old April 2nd 04, 05:17 PM
Jette Goldie

"Tish S" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Poor Bono....... but I'm afraid the image is hilarious. Like
one of those old black and white slapstick comedies.

--
Jette Goldie

Apache and Dakota
http://www.jette.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kitties.html

Old April 2nd 04, 05:17 PM
Jette Goldie

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Those Kiwi (New Zealand) cats are getting adventurous!

Hah! They are behind the times.

See

http://www.flippyscatpage.com/missionimpossible.html

Cheers, helen s

tears of laughter

Old April 2nd 04, 06:29 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

tears of laughter

--
Jette Goldie

Thanks Jette :-) I wasn't laughing at the time - but later I could see the
humour in it!

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 2nd 04, 09:26 PM
Jette Goldie

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

tears of laughter

--
Jette Goldie

Thanks Jette :-) I wasn't laughing at the time - but later I could see the
humour in it!

Oh, I know - if the cat had taken any harm from it (either cat -
yours or the one in the news-story) then it wouldn't be funny,
just like those old comedies were only funny because you knew
that no one really got hurt.

Old April 3rd 04, 09:45 PM
polonca12000

Great story, Helen!