Feral Kittens

Old May 29th 05, 04:10 AM
rose ricciuto

Default Feral Kittens

Recently managed to trap a feral kitten and get it socialized. Then a
neighbor called and she'd caught another kitten who weighs less than a
pound. It was diagnosed with roundworm and a parasite that causes
constant diarhea. I have the meds and hopefully this littlest one will
make it.
Unfortunately, I have 4 adult feral rescues already. The young male is
vicious at times with the older 3 and I don't dare try to integrate
these kittens into my cat family.
I'm located in central Florida and I"m willing to pay all vaccines and
tests and meds for these kittens but would love to find them a good
home.
Wish me luck with this tiny baby who's so under weight.
Rose

Old May 29th 05, 09:01 AM
Hemmaholic

Rose,

When you treat this kitten for the worms and parasites, go easy on the
medication you use. Very small kittens can easily be over-medicated
and lose all the healthy bacteria needed to help them digest their
food. You'll then be going back to the Vet for a vial of enzyme powder
to add to it's food.

Remember, the dewormer is a toxin, meant to kill parasites and too much
can cause the kitten harm, even death.

Feed the wee one little, but often, and if the diarrhea gets really
bad, give it a little Imodium AD. Consult with the Vet for the dosage.

Good luck with the wee one and best fortune in finding suitable homes
for the older kittens.

Hemma