Strange days in SoCal

Old September 25th 15, 01:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

Default Strange days in SoCal

On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 20:51:04 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

It's much, much better today. The fog came in last night and now it's about
25 degrees F cooler.

Enjoy it, I KNOW I would.

Temps here are up against, and expected to be above 80 for at least a week
(88 both days this weekend), maybe longer. If we're lucky, it will get
close to 70 at night.

Old September 25th 15, 06:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

It's much, much better today. The fog came in last night and now it's about
25 degrees F cooler.

Enjoy it, I KNOW I would.

Temps here are up against, and expected to be above 80 for at least a week
(88 both days this weekend), maybe longer. If we're lucky, it will get
close to 70 at night.

Lucky you! Temps here are predicted to be near 100 for the next two or
three days, after which it will cool down into the 90s.

Old September 26th 15, 11:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

wrote:

It's much, much better today. The fog came in last night and now it's about
25 degrees F cooler.

Enjoy it, I KNOW I would.

Temps here are up against, and expected to be above 80 for at least a week
(88 both days this weekend), maybe longer. If we're lucky, it will get
close to 70 at night.

Lucky you! Temps here are predicted to be near 100 for the next two or
three days, after which it will cool down into the 90s.

We hit 92 today, expect the same tomorrow, THEN it will cool down
about 10 degrees by next weekend.

Daytime humidity was about 25%, but now, 3am, it's still 71 outside
with 93% humidity, and some fog.

Old September 26th 15, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

It's much, much better today. The fog came in last night and now it's
about
25 degrees F cooler.

Enjoy it, I KNOW I would.

Temps here are up against, and expected to be above 80 for at least a
week
(88 both days this weekend), maybe longer. If we're lucky, it will get
close to 70 at night.

Lucky you! Temps here are predicted to be near 100 for the next two or
three days, after which it will cool down into the 90s.

You do have AC, don't you? That makes all the difference. I know just
how uncomfortable 90F can be.

Funny thing, the last time I lived in SoCal (Vista, outside of San
Diego) it was 1967. It snowed. My mom got all excited. "I've got to
go get film for the camera!" Everyone else had the same idea. Too bad
by the time she got home the snow had melted.

It's been nice and cool here the last couple of days. In the low 70's.
Nice and cool at night and the windows open. I've had a soft Buffy
cat next to me.

Jill
Old September 27th 15, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:51:11 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes you wrote:

You do have AC, don't you? That makes all the difference.

Nope, not AC, landlord is too 'frugal' for that.

Funny thing, the last time I lived in SoCal (Vista, outside of San
Diego) it was 1967. It snowed. My mom got all excited. "I've got to
go get film for the camera!" Everyone else had the same idea. Too bad
by the time she got home the snow had melted.

Snow within 20 miles of the coast here is VERY unusual, maybe once every
20+ years, or longer. But it DOES happen, just doesn't last long.

It's been nice and cool here the last couple of days. In the low 70's.
Nice and cool at night and the windows open. I've had a soft Buffy
cat next to me.

92 yesterday, 87 today, and dropping a degree or 2 daily for the next
week or so.

Old September 27th 15, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 9/26/2015 5:02 PM, The New Other Guy wrote:
On Sat, 26 Sep 2015 10:51:11 -0400, in rec.pets.cats.anecdotes you wrote:

You do have AC, don't you? That makes all the difference.

Nope, not AC, landlord is too 'frugal' for that.

Funny thing, the last time I lived in SoCal (Vista, outside of San
Diego) it was 1967. It snowed. My mom got all excited. "I've got to
go get film for the camera!" Everyone else had the same idea. Too bad
by the time she got home the snow had melted.

I remember that snow! I shot a photo of it with my little Brownie box
camera before I left for school that morning. When I got to my junior
high, the kids were throwing snowballs. Quite a treat for SoCal kids!

Old September 28th 15, 12:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Funny thing, the last time I lived in SoCal (Vista, outside of San
Diego) it was 1967. It snowed. My mom got all excited. "I've got
to go get film for the camera!" Everyone else had the same idea.
Too bad by the time she got home the snow had melted.

I remember that snow! I shot a photo of it with my little Brownie box
camera before I left for school that morning. When I got to my junior
high, the kids were throwing snowballs. Quite a treat for SoCal kids!

I grew up in Hamilton, New Zealand, where it last snowed in 1904.
But the main road through the centre of the North Island goes high
over the central volcanic plateau, where it often snows. So people
driving through it used to pile snow on the bonnets of their cars
to show where they'd been. Hamilton is 100 miles north of that,
but you'd often see cars driving through town with a dripping blob
on the front.

Our cats didn't get to go in the snow when we lived in a city flat,
but they loved it when they got to go outside here. Zeke nearly
had an unfortunate accident when Marion started using bubble bath
shortly afterwards - he had to learn there was also such a thing as
warm snow that didn't have ground underneath it.

I don't think I've ever seen a cat look so ecstatically happy as
Ishmael when he first got to play in snow, in the sunshine. He
was leaping around the garden kicking up flurries and watching
them drift and glitter.

Old September 28th 15, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 9/28/2015 4:08 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

Your last paragraph paints a beautiful word picture!

Joy

Ten days Marina Cat anecdotes 23 December 20th 05 07:18 PM
What to do with cat for 5 days? Felix Cat health & behaviour 20 November 12th 04 06:55 PM
Away for a few days .... Cathi Cat anecdotes 33 October 19th 04 07:45 AM
36 more days Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 2 August 13th 03 06:30 AM