Third Eyelid

Old February 16th 04, 12:13 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Sherry at
itty wrote on 2/15/04 10:59 PM:

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/calico.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/calico1.jpg

Oh, she's PRETTY! What a great face!

Laura
--

Aww, thanks Laura. The long hair is kind of deceiving...she is really
dreadfully bony and pretty ugly with her sides shaved. I just love her though.
I'm going to keep her. We only have 3 cats, one more won't make much
difference. DH keeps asking when I'm taking her to the shelter, and I just go
"Oh, let's wait till her coat grows back out, nobody would pick her looking
like that." I figure that story ought to be good for at least a month, then
he'll be attached to her by then.
I feel kinda bad about being so conniving, wait, no I guess I don't. Am I
bad?.

Sherry

LOL! No you are NOT bad. I'm quite sure he already knows you are keeping her
anyway.

Karen

Old February 16th 04, 12:55 PM
Linda E

http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/calico.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/calico1.jpg

Oh my..... what potential she has...she'll be a beauty!
Linda

Old February 16th 04, 12:56 PM
Linda E

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

Have you named her yet?

Old February 16th 04, 08:08 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On 16 Feb 2004 04:25:00 GMT, itty (Sherry ) wrote:

Thanks, Phil, Laura, Lyn. I never thought about dehydration. We spotted her on
the windowsill looking in two weeks ago in the middle of a freezing rain...she
was just starved, and matted so bad they had to shave her sides. After 2 weeks,
she is already less bony and her coat looks better. Here's a pic of her right
when we brought her in, and one a couple days later after she got shaved and
cleaned up some. She's really got an unusual coat pattern. She's a real lap cat
too.
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/calico.jpg
http://members.aol.com/jjrich0523/calico1.jpg

Sherry

Best of luck to you and your new one, Sherry!

I also have a stray right now with third eyelids showing. He has been
here about a week and a half, and was severely dehydrated and starved
when I brought him in. He no longer appears to be dehydrated, and
seems to be settled down to eating a regular amount, but the third
eyelids are still showing. :-( A friend sent me some Advantage, so I
was able to de-flea him, but I can't afford a vet visit to get the
little guy tested or a Droncit for the worms I'm also certain he has.
He has a date to go into the shelter in two weeks. I'm going to see
if I can talk my vet out of a Droncit and see if that clears up the
third eyelid thing, since I've read that is another thing that can
cause it. Crossing my fingers!

Ginger-lyn

Old February 17th 04, 12:27 AM
Mary

She is neat looking! But what are those little bumps on her back leg?
Hopefully just matted fur?

Old February 17th 04, 12:27 AM
Mary

Old February 17th 04, 12:29 AM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message

I feel kinda bad about being so conniving, wait, no I guess I don't.

Am I bad?.

HELL no.