Third Eyelid

Old February 17th 04, 01:11 PM
Linda E

"Sherry " wrote in message
I also have a stray right now with third eyelids showing. He has been
here about a week and a half, and was severely dehydrated and starved
when I brought him in. He no longer appears to be dehydrated, and
seems to be settled down to eating a regular amount, but the third
eyelids are still showing. :-( A friend sent me some Advantage, so I
was able to de-flea him, but I can't afford a vet visit to get the
little guy tested or a Droncit for the worms I'm also certain he has.
He has a date to go into the shelter in two weeks. I'm going to see
if I can talk my vet out of a Droncit and see if that clears up the
third eyelid thing, since I've read that is another thing that can
cause it. Crossing my fingers!

Ginger-lyn

Ohhh, poor kitty. Where did you find him? Biskit *still* isn't eating

right.
She gobbles food like it's going to disappear.

Sherry

I rescued my Betsy almost five years ago and she still has a tendancy to
gobble food. I used to free feed my other cat, but can not since Betsy's
arrival.

Linda

Old February 17th 04, 07:28 PM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message
Have you named her yet?

Yeah, her name is Biskit. She jumped up on the window that night

while we were
wattching Seabiscuit. And also because she kneads *everything* all

tthe time.
When the vet picked her up, he said, "Oh, look. She's making

biscuits."

CUTE!!!

Old February 17th 04, 07:30 PM
Mary

"Sherry " wrote in message
She is neat looking! But what are those little bumps on her back

leg?
Hopefully just matted fur?

I just looked again at the pic. I don't know what that is. Maybe a

leaf or
something stuck to her leg. Anyway, it's just something in the

picture.

Oh good, I was concerned it was something like linear granuloma.

Thanks
for compliment! I think her little mask is so cute.

She is a precious girl and so lucky to have found you.

Old February 17th 04, 10:55 PM
Sherry

I put food and water out for any strays/ferals in the neighborhood.
Luckily, he wasn't as skittish as some, and when he showed up for
dinner, I managed to get him to come over to me (after about 10
minutes of freezing my *** off!). Unfortunately, there are still two
other cats out there. Sigh. But I have to get little Alex taken care
of first. He's such a sweetheart. He's stopped gobbling, and now he
eats mostly when one of us is in there with him (I think we aren't in
there enough, and he's very social and misses company when we aren't
there). Although he gets *really* excited and waits by the spot where
I put down the dish when he gets his canned food at night, and gobbles
*that* down (first time I tried to give him canned food, he looked at
it like "What the heck is *that*?). Anyway, hopefully Biskit will
realize soon she doesn't have to worry about a food source anymore :-)

Ginger-lyn

That's where I was really lucky. Biskit wasn't hard to catch at all. I still
can't imagine where she came from. We don't have houses close to us at all. She
almost had to have been dumped here.

Sherry