Group Traffic

Old April 15th 05, 05:44 AM
Brad

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:15:06 -0400, "Mary"
wrote:

Come on, people. Post away. Face it, the group is not
better off with less posts, on-topic or not.

Post as you post. Discuss what you will.

That's what Usenet is for.

This is the most stupid posting I have ever read......it seems you
have no idea what Usenet is all about.....get a grip......

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

Old April 15th 05, 06:31 AM
Mary

wrote:

Come on, people. Post away. Face it, the group is not
better off with less posts, on-topic or not.

Post as you post. Discuss what you will.

That's what Usenet is for.

This is the most stupid posting I have ever read......it seems you
have no idea what Usenet is all about

Oh my. I'm sure you're right. What is Usenet all about?

......get a grip......

Brad

LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"

P.S. You're still whining.

Old April 15th 05, 06:58 AM
Meghan Noecker

On 14 Apr 2005 00:44:03 -0700, "-L." wrote:

Meghan Noecker wrote:

No different than any other spam.

Um, yeah, well, it is. It's quite different. It's copious and fills
up an inbox in a matter of a day. I don't get that in my private email
inbox. In fact, I don't get any spam in my private email inbox...

I guess I am just used to it. I get around 100 spam message every day,
sometimes more, but I would still get them with a second account. I'd
rather delete them from one, than from two separate accounts.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 15th 05, 07:02 AM
Meghan Noecker

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:30:52 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

"KellyH" wrote in message
"Meghan Noecker" wrote
No different than any other spam. That's what the delete key is for.
I used to have a separate email account for somethings, and it got
spam too. So, I just spent more time deleting the same crap from two
locations. Much easier to just stick to my regular email and hitting
delete for anything I don't want.

I've been reading newsgroups since the mid-90's and I've never gotten a
virus from them either. I got spam because I didn't put some type "no
spam" in my email address for a while, but besides that, all has been
well.
I use OE, which everyone tells you "you're gonna get a virus!!" but I
still don't see how. If you read in plain text and don't open
attachments, how are you going to get a virus?
I get the "warning" messages that an email tried to come through with a
worm, but our email server filters them out. DH does a pretty good job of
keeping that up-to-date.

I don't even bother to munge my email address. I do web sites for so many
companies that my email address is all over the 'net anyway. I just
highlight all 100 - 200 SPAM emails and then hit the delete key.

Exactly. I have my email address on my website. I participate in
several mailing lists, and I participate in newsgroups. I still get
spam addressed to my plain email address (the ISP name) which is
forwarded to my regular email address (my own domain name). And I was
told that that address was deleted about 3 years ago, so I stopped
using it. Apparentlty, it still works, and the address lists used by
the spammers are old.

--
Meghan & the Zoo Crew
Equine and Pet Photography
Old April 16th 05, 07:31 AM
Brad

On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 01:31:07 -0400, "Mary"
wrote:

Oh my. I'm sure you're right. What is Usenet all about?

Well I haven't been at this group very long but so far it seems like
its your personal location to start flames, get vulgar, and blame
everyone else for starting it......one thing I do know is that groups
dont enjoy people begging for off topic posts to get traffic
up.......we will never get rid of off topic but as I said.....get a

Old April 16th 05, 12:56 PM
---MIKE---

Amen!

---MIKE---

Old April 16th 05, 06:21 PM
Mary

news
wrote:

Oh my. I'm sure you're right. What is Usenet all about?

Well I haven't been at this group very long but so far it seems like
its your personal location to start flames, get vulgar, and blame
everyone else for starting it......one thing I do know is that groups
dont enjoy people begging for off topic posts to get traffic
up.......we will never get rid of off topic but as I said.....get a
grip........

Brad

Thank you for your input, Brad.

Old April 16th 05, 06:30 PM
Mary

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
Amen!

Nobody knows to what you are "amening." But you sound
happy and that is what is important!

Old April 17th 05, 07:28 AM
Brad

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:21:16 -0400, "Mary"
wrote:

Thank you for your input, Brad.

Welcome.......