A conversation before dinner

Old August 28th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default A conversation before dinner

Caliban is hungry, and he is laying on top of the cat tree making small
meeping noises. Usually I meep back to him with the same small voice,
but now I decided to see what he would do if I replied in a completely
different voice. He said 'meep', I said 'moooww'. He said 'meep' again,
and I replied with 'MEOWWWW'. He looked at me with a shocked expression
and said 'meep?' I said 'YOOOWWWW'. He said an even smaller 'mip?'

Suddenly I hear 'MEEEEEER' from the floor - Miranda had come in and
joined the conversation.

I hope I didn't say anything too offensive to Caliban.

Old August 28th 06, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Marina wrote:
Caliban is hungry, and he is laying on top of the cat tree making small
meeping noises. Usually I meep back to him with the same small voice,
but now I decided to see what he would do if I replied in a completely
different voice. He said 'meep', I said 'moooww'. He said 'meep' again,
and I replied with 'MEOWWWW'. He looked at me with a shocked expression
and said 'meep?' I said 'YOOOWWWW'. He said an even smaller 'mip?'

Suddenly I hear 'MEEEEEER' from the floor - Miranda had come in and
joined the conversation.

Such /language/, Marina!

"Go get LICKED! Get LICKED, right in the EAR!"

Even Mere was shocked!

--Fil

Old August 29th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Marina wrote:
Caliban is hungry, and he is laying on top of the cat tree making
small meeping noises. Usually I meep back to him with the same small
voice, but now I decided to see what he would do if I replied in a
completely different voice. He said 'meep', I said 'moooww'. He said
'meep' again, and I replied with 'MEOWWWW'. He looked at me with a
shocked expression and said 'meep?' I said 'YOOOWWWW'. He said an
even smaller 'mip?'
Suddenly I hear 'MEEEEEER' from the floor - Miranda had come in and
joined the conversation.

I hope I didn't say anything too offensive to Caliban.

LOL! I wish I could have a conversation with mine. KFC can hardly speak,
she has always been like this. She does not meaow at all, she just opens
her mouth and no sound comes out. Although she did manage a little "meh"
today when shown her renal food pouch.
Boyfie will meaow only when he wants to alert me to something, like "my bowl
is empty, fill it" or "the door is shut, open it."

Tweed --- can't remember how to spell miaow

Old August 29th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In ,
Christina Websell purred:
Marina wrote:
[...]

Lizzie will occasionally let out a tiny lettle "meep", unless very agitates
(read: ****ed off big time), then she will yeowwwwwwwwwwwl, growl, hiss, and
if you happen to be holding her or just too close to her, scratch and bite
(no broken skin with the bites, but man, it hurts)

Tweed --- can't remember how to spell miaow

Over here, us 'merkans spell it "meow"

Old August 29th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Christina Websell wrote:

LOL! I wish I could have a conversation with mine. KFC can hardly speak,
she has always been like this. She does not meaow at all, she just opens
her mouth and no sound comes out. Although she did manage a little "meh"
today when shown her renal food pouch.
Boyfie will meaow only when he wants to alert me to something, like "my bowl
is empty, fill it" or "the door is shut, open it."

Tweed --- can't remember how to spell miaow

Rusty is similar. He is the quiet type. He complains when his dinner is
late or he thinks I
am ignoring him. When I first adopted him, it took days before I heard
a meow out of him.

Winnie

Old August 29th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
Caliban is hungry, and he is laying on top of the cat tree making small
meeping noises. Usually I meep back to him with the same small voice,
but now I decided to see what he would do if I replied in a completely
different voice. He said 'meep', I said 'moooww'. He said 'meep' again,
and I replied with 'MEOWWWW'. He looked at me with a shocked expression
and said 'meep?' I said 'YOOOWWWW'. He said an even smaller 'mip?'

Suddenly I hear 'MEEEEEER' from the floor - Miranda had come in and
joined the conversation.

I hope I didn't say anything too offensive to Caliban.

Can Caliban say anything besides "Meep"? How funny that Miranda
can say her own name.

Old August 29th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Enfilade wrote:
Such /language/, Marina!

"Go get LICKED! Get LICKED, right in the EAR!"

Even Mere was shocked!

ROFL! Thank you (I think) for translating that.

Old August 29th 06, 04:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Takayuki wrote:

Can Caliban say anything besides "Meep"?

He can trill, and his meep varies in pitch and length, but it's always
very small. I know he can make a deeper sound, because sometimes he
yowls in his sleep ( I suspect he has nightmares). It can be very eerie
in the middle of the night when all are sleeping peacefully, and
suddenly we hear a long deep yoooooowwwwwl. I've woken to that sound
many a time.

How funny that Miranda
can say her own name.

Of course she can. She has a great vocabulary.

Old August 29th 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Winnie wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

LOL! I wish I could have a conversation with mine. KFC can hardly
speak, she has always been like this. She does not meaow at all,
she just opens her mouth and no sound comes out. Although she did
manage a little "meh" today when shown her renal food pouch.
Boyfie will meaow only when he wants to alert me to something, like
"my bowl is empty, fill it" or "the door is shut, open it."

Tweed --- can't remember how to spell miaow

Rusty is similar. He is the quiet type. He complains when his dinner
is late or he thinks I
am ignoring him. When I first adopted him, it took days before I heard
a meow out of him.

Vino is the opposite. He's very vocal. He has to put in 2 cents worth
in all the time. When I was first speaking on the phone with the lady
who I got him from (before the litter was even born) she proudly
announced that her kittens are very quiet and do not meow. LOL! What a
liar she was! Not that I care. I figure a cat has the right to express
himself vocally. As long as it's not while I'm trying to sleep ;-)
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

Old August 29th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

I hope I didn't say anything too offensive to Caliban.

Mine never shut up, it seems After my thesis is done, I should do a
Mau-English dictionary

--Fil