Typical "Shelter" Kitty?

Old September 30th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Typical "Shelter" Kitty?

In article ,
says...
Response from T :

In article ,
says...
Response from T :

We suspect her prior owners were college kids. There's one
other behavior which supports that suspicion. She loves the
smell of pot. If someone lights up a joint outside she'll run
to the window.

Sure, someone outside, huh? ; )

No, seriously though, I thought all cats had a predilection for
plants in general. Or is that an entirely catnip concept?

Seriously - it's a regular thing in the city lately. The cops only
bust the big time dealers but the regular users they leave alone.
And I can only see it getting enforced less and less since we now
have medical marijuana in RI.

I think cats do like certain plants. Angie went absolutely insane
over the catnip plant I had, until she got greedy one day and
managed to kill the plant. Oh well.

The pot/marijuana thing is interesting though. My other cats
wouldn't respond to it at all.

The few stories I have heard about marijuana were of dogs eating it
and cats bathing in it.

I could see the headlines now, "Local Man Charged With Intent To
Distribute To Animals." Or even "Man Claims 100 Pot Plants Were
Medicinal Cat Remedy."

"Your Honor, my cat needs this weed for the proper cat-ification of
his cat-like, cat-ness. Without it he will surely suffer a cat-
astrophe."

Laugh all you want but the way the RI Medical Marijuana law is written,
either the person using can grow up to 12 plants, or they can select
someone to grow it for them.

I can see this one attracting the attention of the feds very soon.

Old September 30th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"T" wrote
Cats are funny like that. I think alot of it has to do with comfort.
They'll puke where they're most comfortable doing so.

Gracie wakes me sometimes crying, with the kitty equivalent of
"hey! *poke poke poke*" When I look around I see that she
has thrownup IN the window sill where she likes to watch
the birds and chipmunks and such, so she can't sit there. She
clearly knows who serves who, regardless of her southern
lady politeness.

Old October 1st 07, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default OT: Drugs. Typical "Shelter" Kitty?

[...]

Wow. That seriously is NUTS. And you are right, the FBI is going to
be forced to do something. I mean, that basically allows anyone to
grow pot. Yeah, I got a prescription and I have 4 different people
growing 3 plants a piece for me. Or some other "odd" use of the law.

That is like the pipe shop in this area where the owner claimed that
everything in his shop was tobacco only, yet he also sold HUNDREDS of
pipes that could ONLY be used to smoke methamphetamines! (Or
basically ones that could not burn tobacco effectively, but rather
"cook" the chemicals.)

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old October 1st 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response from T :

Not necessarily. I've had Meep 11 years now, and just recently
developed an allergic reaction to her. Didn't even realize it
until this vacation - a week with no itchy eyes or runny nose, as
soon as I get home, both start up. Damn. Where's that
Loratadine?

Interesting. In my casae I had so many allergies as a kid and a
fairly smart allergist. I got desensitized to many of the things I
was allergic to like stone fruits, etc. In fact on the scratch
test the only group that really swells up is the trees and
grasses.

I am so very grateful that the only allergies I have inherited from
my mum was mild hay fever. So basically at the start of every hot
summer I sneeze six to ten times a day. *shrugs*

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.
Old October 1st 07, 04:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Response from "cybercat" :

"T" wrote
Cats are funny like that. I think alot of it has to do with
comfort. They'll puke where they're most comfortable doing so.

Gracie wakes me sometimes crying, with the kitty equivalent of
"hey! *poke poke poke*" When I look around I see that she
has thrownup IN the window sill where she likes to watch
the birds and chipmunks and such, so she can't sit there. She
clearly knows who serves who, regardless of her southern
lady politeness.

OK... I have seen enough puke talk to ask. What luck have you lads
and lasses had with that anti-puke (hairball) stuff I have seen
floating around.

Does it actually work?

--
-Lost