Marlo's drooling

Old November 15th 08, 02:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Default Marlo's drooling

In article ,
T wrote:
In article ,
says...
In article ,
dgk wrote:
As I was leaving for work I noticed that there were several wet spots
on the bed. I checked the butts of my three cats but all were fine and
there was no evidence of problems in the litterbox. Then I noticed
that Marlo was drooling a bit. I've had that before with a cat and it
was likely some bug that he had eaten.

There is no evidence of any other problem with Marlo. She seems
perfectly insane as always. I tried to get a look into her mouth but
was only able to push up the gums a bit and look from the side. I
didn't see anything wrong.

This would be the worst day to blow off work since I have meetings
that I really need to be at so I had to go. If she's still drooling
when I get home we're off to the vet.

My new friend, Rascal, is a drooler too.

The vet says she does it when she is happy...

I've never had a cat that was a drooler but I have met one that was.

My friend owns 40 acres on the RI/CT border and he's got several cats on
the property.

One of them was a male cat named Quackers. Quackers would drool like a
fiend when it was feeding time.

It's worth a trip to the vet to eliminate the bad possibilities, but
evidently drooling isn't necessarily a bad symptom.

Sloppy, yes...
Old November 15th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dgk" wrote in message
As I was leaving for work I noticed that there were several wet spots
on the bed. I checked the butts of my three cats but all were fine and
there was no evidence of problems in the litterbox. Then I noticed
that Marlo was drooling a bit. I've had that before with a cat and it
was likely some bug that he had eaten.

There is no evidence of any other problem with Marlo. She seems
perfectly insane as always.

What worries me is that you have had her for a while and she has never done
this before. Let us know how it turns out.

Old November 15th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"CatNipped" wrote
Both Ozzy and Archer will drool when they're getting especially good
skritchin's.

Gracie only did it to be a drama queen.

Old November 17th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:45:52 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
As I was leaving for work I noticed that there were several wet spots
on the bed. I checked the butts of my three cats but all were fine and
there was no evidence of problems in the litterbox. Then I noticed
that Marlo was drooling a bit. I've had that before with a cat and it
was likely some bug that he had eaten.

There is no evidence of any other problem with Marlo. She seems
perfectly insane as always.

What worries me is that you have had her for a while and she has never done
this before. Let us know how it turns out.

Right, Marlo never drools so this is something else. I'm a bit mad at
my vet though, I called on Sat at 2:00 pm for the results and was told
that the vets had left and I'd have to wait until Monday (today). I
did call late but I thought they were in later on Saturday. Still, I
should have been able to get a faxed copy or even pick up a copy. If I
needed to take her to the emergency vet on Sunday I would have been
very ****ed off.

So I still don't know what the tests showed. Saturday afternoon she
was really drooling again; I guess the "drool supression" shot wore
off. Outside of that, she was perfectly normal, running around,
eating, ****ing, even going into the backyard and just being normal
nutso Marlo.

Sunday she stopped drooling. We had put a towel on the bed so we
wouldn't wake up with a wet blanket, but the towel (and quilt) were
both dry. And she was fine all of Sunday and this morning. So, I'll
get the results today but I don't expect anything. Fingers are
crossed.
Old November 17th 08, 04:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dgk" wrote

[...]

Mine too. I suspect maybe a dental problem. If so I hope it is something
minor.

Old November 17th 08, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
CatNipped[_2_]

"cybercat" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote
Both Ozzy and Archer will drool when they're getting especially good
skritchin's.

Gracie only did it to be a drama queen.

LOL! Yeah, I can picture little Gracie drooling for the masses (we'll one
mass, but she can dream, can't she?) ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old November 18th 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
DWMeowMix

On Nov 17, 6:19*am, dgk wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:45:52 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

I hope for your sake that it is minor. My little Jake started
drooling, then in a very short time just under a month, he developed a
swelling along his jawline. It was bone cancer in his jaw. I lost
him this past January.

DWMeowMix
Old November 19th 08, 05:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"dgk" wrote

So I still don't know what the tests showed.

What have you found out?

Old November 19th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:42:00 -0800 (PST), DWMeowMix
wrote:

On Nov 17, 6:19*am, dgk wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 23:45:52 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Sorry to hear that. Drooling can be anything from eating an noxious
bug to something very major. It appears in this case to be nothing
much.
Old November 19th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 00:43:05 -0500, "cybercat"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote

So I still don't know what the tests showed.

What have you found out?

Perfect CBC and chems. Her teeth aren't great but there doesn't appear
to be anything obvious. I guess I count myself lucky for now and keep
an eye open for anything unusual. Of course, I always watch for them
to do something odd.