Purrs and prayers for Catnipped

Old February 18th 11, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default Purrs and prayers for Catnipped

Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon. 10:30PM
Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had died due to no
circulation. By midnight she was being operated on and had two and a half
feet of intestine removed. She has infections in her abdomen, blood and
kidneys, her body temperature is a little over 93. As the doctor explains it
to me her condition is beyond critical. If she makes it through the 1st 2
weeks her prognosis will be much better. She is looking at a minimum 1 week
in ICU and about 8 weeks before a second surgery to reconnect her stomach
and intestines. The good news is that even though she has a tube down her
throat and 10 IV's going at the same time (literally, I counted them) she is
awake, responding, complaining and making the nurses jump through hoops for
her. They tell me this is actually a good thing. She is able to gesture and
shake her head yes or no to questions. She had told me before the surgery to
let this group know what was happening and I asked her today if this was
still her wish. She shook her head emphatically yes.

So I ask, please, that purrs and prayers be sent her way, she has a long
road ahead and I will bring her messages to her until she is able to respond
to them herself.

Thank you all,
DH

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old February 18th 11, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Many purrs coming from here for her.
But please will no-one "ever" again have a stomach stapling operation
because you
think you might be too fat.

Old February 18th 11, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dberrycat

On Feb 18, 2:55*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon. 10:30PM
Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had died due to no
circulation.

snipped

Wow, maybe that is why she lost so much weight and was having problems
with eating. Purrs coming from the cats for CatNipped and her
family. I'm
sending healing thoughts as well and hoping that the surgery is very
successful
and she will be on the road to recovery.

Debbie
Old February 18th 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"CatNipped" wrote

(assuming her husband?)

Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon.
10:30PM Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had died
due to no circulation. By midnight she was being operated on and had two
and a half feet of intestine removed.

Do they know what caused it? She's my friend BTW. Tell her 'cshenk' is
purring for her and she's got 2 wagtails as well.

in ICU and about 8 weeks before a second surgery to reconnect her stomach
and intestines. The good news is that even though she has a tube down her
throat and 10 IV's going at the same time (literally, I counted them) she
is awake, responding, complaining and making the nurses jump through hoops
for her. They tell me this is actually a good thing.

Yes, though I've only been a nurses aide when it came to patient care and
many years ago, it's a good thing. I infer she has a colostomy setup just
now?

shake her head yes or no to questions. She had told me before the surgery
to let this group know what was happening and I asked her today if this
was still her wish. She shook her head emphatically yes.

Thank you. Some of us really care about her. I am one of them.

If things get odd here, my email is and I have her regular
email but do not know if you can access it.

Just let us know how Lori is ok?

Carol

Old February 18th 11, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Christina Websell" wrote
"CatNipped" wrote

Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon.
10:30PM Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had died
due to no circulation.

So I ask, please, that purrs and prayers be sent her way, she has a long
road ahead and I will bring her messages to her until she is able to
respond to them herself.

Many purrs coming from here for her.

But please will no-one "ever" again have a stomach stapling operation
because you think you might be too fat.

Stop it Christina. Had she ever even had such surgery, that was a low blow
at this time.

Old February 18th 11, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

WORD!!!

Joyce

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old February 18th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

[...]

Thank you for letting us know. Tell her we're thinking of her and purring
like crazy for her to get better.

Bobble
Old February 18th 11, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I agree, but I don't think this is the time to bring it up.

Mega Purrs for Lori on the way.

Jill

Old February 18th 11, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"cshenk" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote
"CatNipped" wrote

Catnipped was rushed to the emergency room on Thursday around noon.
10:30PM Thursday night they found out a portion of her intestine had
died due to no circulation.

So I ask, please, that purrs and prayers be sent her way, she has a long
road ahead and I will bring her messages to her until she is able to
respond to them herself.

Many purrs coming from here for her.

But please will no-one "ever" again have a stomach stapling operation
because you think you might be too fat.

Stop it Christina. Had she ever even had such surgery, that was a low
blow at this time.

I completely agree, Carol. This is not the time to make such a statement.

Purrs for Lori. She's been having a rough time for a long time and I
sincerely hope she gets better very soon.

Jill

Old February 18th 11, 10:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
shirleycatuk

Purrs and healing thoughts on their way.

Shirley x
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community