RIP Samazon - June 10 2006 - May 3, 2011

Old June 5th 11, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default RIP Samazon - June 10 2006 - May 3, 2011

I had decided to stop participating in the group a while ago. My clearly
shown lack of welcome in the traditional "shunning" style of the Amish was a
very easily seen signal of the group's wishes. No big deal, I'm in the
'wrapping up" stage of my life any way. The only difference is that I was
going to just leave silently without any drama or fanfare.

Now, however, I think it's only fair to update fans of the Samazon on her
untimely demise.

Friday night, I was in the hospital having my fifth blood transfusion when
Ben called to say that Sammy was very, very sick. I tried my hardest to get
out of the hospital, even for a short pass, but couldn't do it. Ben said he
saw Sammy laying on the floor next to her litter box and he reached over to
pet her and just got a half-hearted "mew" when she is ordinarily quite
enthusiastic about pettin's. He picked her up, but she just lay limp in his
arms and when he tried to stand her up she just keeled over. He grabbed her
up and rushed to the emergency vet. The vet said that they could treat her,
but the treatment were extremely expensive and in the end would only have
given her a few months of tortured life, Ben then called me and we talked
it over (I was still trying to get out of the hospital so I could have one
last cuddle with my baby, but it was no-go. Finally I just told him to do
what was right for her. Ben was walking back to tell the vet and he met the
vet coming out front. The vet told Ben that is was already out of our
hands, Sammy had passed away while Ben was on the phone with me.

On examination, the vet found that she had congenital heart failure caused
by a hole in her heart that she was born with, and that she was born with
only on kidney, twice the size of a normal kidney. I don't know what the
symptoms came on so suddenly, but the fluids inside her lungs, heart, and
chest cavity literally drowned her.

I am devastated, but somehow also calmly accepting because I have a feeling
that my little heart cat has only gone ahead a few steps to help me make the
crossing easier.

Anyway, there's no need to respond to this or to me, I'm leaving, but I
only wish you well.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old June 5th 11, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when CatNipped wrote:
Now, however, I think it's only fair to update fans of the Samazon on
her untimely demise.

Oh Lori, I am so sorry!

Cat's body, lion's soul,
She went first, to pave the way.
Rest well, Samazon!

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old June 5th 11, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Spock-n-Persephone

Oh Lori, this is so so so sad. Samazon was an amazing cat whose
personality and antics, through your wonderful writing, transcended
the limits of the computer screen. She will be mourned world-wide.

Gentle hugs to you and Ben
Tish

Old June 5th 11, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Jun 5, 12:59*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
I had decided to stop participating in the group a while ago. *My clearly
shown lack of welcome in the traditional "shunning" style of the Amish was a
very easily seen signal of the group's wishes. *

I wish you'd stay I've been meaning to ask what was going on as the
last I heard you were being discharged on the Monday possibly and I
was only the other day thinking I ought to ping you but it sounds like
you're still in there

Now, however, I think it's only fair to update fans of the Samazon on her
untimely demise.

This is too dreadful she was so young- one of the first things I read
when I came onto RPCA were the stories about "Putting make up on with
Meowmie" etc....I'm sitting here crying for her and will burn incense
for her tonight

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old June 5th 11, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

I'm so very sorry. :-(
I've lit a candle for Sammy.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Sammy

--
Adrian
Old June 5th 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I had decided to stop participating in the group a while ago. My clearly
shown lack of welcome in the traditional "shunning" style of the Amish was
a very easily seen signal of the group's wishes.

Not from me and I don't see it from the group, either.
When you are ill, damaged and feeling dreadful it's easy to to think no-one
cares.

Tweed

Old June 6th 11, 12:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I am very sorry Lori

Old June 6th 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I am devastated,

and so am I. We do get so fond of the cats on here (and the people too)
We never meet them but they are SO important.

Old June 6th 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
On examination, the vet found that she had congenital heart failure caused
by a hole in her heart that she was born with, and that she was born with
only on kidney, twice the size of a normal kidney. I don't know what the
symptoms came on so suddenly, but the fluids inside her lungs, heart, and
chest cavity literally drowned her.

I am devastated, but somehow also calmly accepting because I have a feeling
that my little heart cat has only gone ahead a few steps to help me make the
crossing easier.

Anyway, there's no need to respond to this or to me, I'm leaving, but I
only wish you well.

Oh no, how unexpected! Poor little overgrown kitten. I'm so sorry
Lori.

The other day, the topic of your "X with mommy" stories about Sammy
came up when I was discussing Spicey's situation with Suz yesterday.
She called those times the "heyday" of the group. We don't have the
membership and activity in the group that we did back then. While we
still have a great group, we haven't been at this traffic level since
the 90s, and nobody is shunning you - responses are just down
generally.

Sammy was beautiful, it's true. You saw her face in a crowded place,
and you knew what you had to do - adopt her so that she'd always be
with you.