I won't be here much, anymore.

Old July 5th 11, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf

Default I won't be here much, anymore.

I have another computer now, which was given to me, by a very, very
nice person

Unfortunately, I did something to it, and the software I have used to
access Usenet since 1998, stopped working. It worked last night, and
now it doesn't.

I don't know what I did. I think computers just hate me.

Trying to use Google Groups is like having a root canal done without
Novocaine.

It's impossible to find new posts in a thread, or responses to posts
you have made in a thread.

And there are a LOT of spam posts.

If and when I can get my other computer working, I should have 'real'
access again,

But my brother, who built the computer, and fixed it for me, is VERY
mad at me.

It's a long ugly story I don't want to go into now.

He hasn't spoken to my elderly,and very ill Mother, since 1995.

Basically, he's REALLY an ass****. And, that's an insult to other
ass***** the wold over.

I can get E-mail, and look for work, which is what is really
important.

I guess.

I will try to stop by sometimes, but anyone who has used Google
Groups knows how difficult and time consuming it is.

I can only spend so much time sitting at my computer, before I have to
take a break, because my back hurts so much.

And it just keeps getting worse....from sitting at my computer for
too long, every day.

Lorelei says meep!

Tom
Old July 5th 11, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Tom, PLEASE don't give up and leave us..call the company that the nice
person gave you and they can talk you through your problems. srsly. Mine
crashed the other day and Dutch, who was a computer analyst for 25 years
called Comcast and they helped him with my problem and it got fixed,
Computers can be very touchy. It might be something simple. Call the
manufacturer of the computer and get someone on the phone who can help you,
Google groups suck IMO. but they are better than nothing.
Google drives meh up the wall. Bah!!
I feel your pain.
As for your brother, it was nice of him to fix your other one, but not
speaking to your elderly mother
is shameful IMO. "Some people have issues, others have a lifetime
subscription"...that sounds like your brother.
I can relate to having your back hurt from sitting at the computer for too
long, because when I sit for too long, my knees lock up on me, so we can
commiserate together.
You are ALWAYS welcome to e-mail me. and you have my phone #
My kitties sai meep back to Lorelei
Take it easy and TRY not to stress, everything will work out,
Your friend
Kyla

"Gandalf"

Old July 5th 11, 11:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Rebecca[_2_]

Unka Gandalf, we wud be furry sadsad if yoo kudnt be heer. We hopez fur a
solushin to dis, but if dere iznt wun, we hopez dat yoo an Lorelei haz a
happee life togedder.

Rebecca

Old July 5th 11, 12:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Chris H[_3_]

What are you using for email? A web interface or a regular email
program like Thunderbird or Outlook?

Since Cox shut down newsgroup access, I've been using Thunderbird
and eternal-September.org for newsgroup access. Can't get binary
groups (I miss a.b.p.a.), but you can't beat the cost...free.

Thunderbird can sort by thread, show only new content, etc., so it
might be able to do the job for you, and that way you can keep us up to
date on how you and Lorelei are doing...

Pretty sure the group techno-brain can figure out how to get you back
to real access.

I take it you aren't getting any error messages or anything that might
help figure out why your access has failed?

Purrs-

Chris and the Fairfax Fur Factory

Old July 5th 11, 01:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Booker

Lorelie,

Weze gonna miss yu furry much. Anityme yu wanna teleport heer yu are
furry welkome.

Booker, Snowflake an Chappy

I use Thunderbird for email and Usenet. Love it.

Old July 5th 11, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Purrdai Kitties

On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 23:18:50 -0700 (PDT), Gandalf
wrote:

[...]

Wee stlill want to sellabrayt Lorelei's purrdai on the correct dai.
What is it?

Da Purrdai Kitties
Old July 5th 11, 03:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

mayhaps da hoomin whut gifted ursef kan hep, da soft sayz dat ifin da talker
thing wurked gud init she wuld uza thunderbyrdee purgrum beclawsz itsef lukz
ez, OEJ

Old July 5th 11, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Weee hopes dat yu kin fynd uh way tu stay here, ur come back,
Unka Gandaf. ur attid leezt drop in now-n-den.
Pit2nya & Antee Sylvia

Den yu kin watsh me groo an b-kum frendz wiff P2nah.

Dusty
suun tu hav mine nayme changt to "Cutie" urrr QT!