Terrifying Toy!

Old January 17th 05, 05:51 PM
jmcquown

Default Terrifying Toy!

Someone gave me a toy for Persia. It's call the Thing in a Bag. Has a ball
inside it with a cable attached to a battery box velcro'd to the bag. The
bag itself is the size of a lunch bag and also seals shut with velcro. I
had my doubts but figured I'd give it a shot. I put batteries in and set
the bag on the floor. Persia came over to investigate. About that time the
bag began to vibrate and skitter around. She jumped like she'd been shot.
It stopped after 3-5 seconds so she cautiously sniffed at it again. That's
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed. The darn
thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless someone here has a cat
that might enjoy it).

Jill

Old January 17th 05, 06:04 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed. The darn
thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless someone here has a cat
that might enjoy it).

We have 7...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 17th 05, 06:06 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed.
The darn thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless
someone here has a cat that might enjoy it).

We have 7...

Victor, if you want it, send me your snail-mail addy. Batteries not
included G

Jill

Old January 17th 05, 07:25 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:51:39 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Someone gave me a toy for Persia. It's call the Thing in a Bag. Has a ball
inside it with a cable attached to a battery box velcro'd to the bag. The
bag itself is the size of a lunch bag and also seals shut with velcro. I
had my doubts but figured I'd give it a shot. I put batteries in and set
the bag on the floor. Persia came over to investigate. About that time the
bag began to vibrate and skitter around. She jumped like she'd been shot.
It stopped after 3-5 seconds so she cautiously sniffed at it again. That's
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed. The darn
thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless someone here has a cat
that might enjoy it).

Jill

Oh no!! Poor little gal!

Sounds like Stinky might like it, though.

Theresa
Old January 17th 05, 07:25 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:04:55 GMT, Victor Martinez
yodeled:

jmcquown wrote:
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed. The darn
thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless someone here has a cat
that might enjoy it).

We have 7...

And they can gang up on it.

Theresa
Old January 17th 05, 07:39 PM
Julie Cook

jmcquown wrote:
Someone gave me a toy for Persia. It's call the Thing in a Bag. Has a ball
inside it with a cable attached to a battery box velcro'd to the bag. The
bag itself is the size of a lunch bag and also seals shut with velcro. I
had my doubts but figured I'd give it a shot. I put batteries in and set
the bag on the floor. Persia came over to investigate. About that time the
bag began to vibrate and skitter around. She jumped like she'd been shot.
It stopped after 3-5 seconds so she cautiously sniffed at it again. That's
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed. The darn
thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless someone here has a cat
that might enjoy it).

Jill

Hobbes, Selena and Lacey send most understanding purrs to Persia. Sam
wasn't living with us when I brought the "monster in the bag" home.
Hobbes was so terrified of it that he wouldn't even come into the room
if he could see it. We shipped it off to Mikey in Alma, GA.
Unfortuantely, Mikey wasn't feeling well and never really gave it the
case of Whoop A$$ that it deserved. I imagine Krista still has it. I
wonder what The Hube would think of it?

Julie
Old January 17th 05, 08:09 PM
jmcquown

jmcquown wrote:
Victor Martinez wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed.
The darn thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless
someone here has a cat that might enjoy it).

We have 7...

Victor, if you want it, send me your snail-mail addy. Batteries not
included G

Jill

Victor wins the prize! I just hope it doesn't send 7 cats scattering madly
in all directions

Jill

Old January 18th 05, 04:58 AM
Krista

Julie Cook wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Heh. I do indeed still have the Thing in a Bag - it's at the office,
though Ozzy and Tiger seem to consider it something to worry about
rather than something to play with. I will have to bring it home for
Hubie to try, as the only thing he seems to be afraid of is people.
------
Krista

Old January 18th 05, 05:36 PM
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
when it started up again and she jumped back, eyes wide, alarmed.
The darn thing terrified her. Into the trash it goes (unless
someone here has a cat that might enjoy it).

We have 7...

It's in the mailbox. Don't forget you promised me pictures!

Jill

Old January 18th 05, 10:17 PM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
It's in the mailbox. Don't forget you promised me pictures!

Thanks! I'll post pictures as soon as I get it. It will either be a
lonely bag (if the cats are cowards) or a shredded bag (if they're
brave).

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he