Icarus & UTI

Old January 23rd 05, 01:10 AM
Cat Protector

Why would you not want it to be confirmed that he was coming home tomorrow?
I would think you'd be happy about that?

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Jean B." wrote in message ...
Cat Protector wrote:

I hope it all works out and your cat is finally able to come home.

I hope he can come home tomorrow afternoon (the earliest possible
time, I guess)--and we can get to him. He is most unhappy. (I
wish I didn't have that confirmed.)

--
Jean B.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:12 AM
Cat Protector

I can see why. He is in a strangle place with people checking him regularly
and also having to pee under pressure. I wouldn't be happy either. Hopefully
they gave him a nice towel or something soft to sleep on. I would think good
thoughts here.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com
"Jean B." wrote in message ...

Mingy now sleeps much of the say anyway, so that's a good bet. I
wonder if he'll get any sleep at the hospital? He is so upset, he
may not be able to.

--
Jean B.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:16 AM
Jean B.

Cat Protector wrote:

My vet prescribed both dry and canned food. He is eating Hills s/d dry and
c/d canned and of course a/d. He doesn't like it too much but the other cats
were willing to eat it.

I think I might have misheard the type of food the vet mentioned.
I am sure I'll get some when I am picking baby up. Unfortunately,
I gather the wet food does not come in a chunks with gravy. I
think it will probably be easier to segue him into a new dry food,
since I would do it gradually. The wet food will be an issue
though. So is Hill's just available at the vet's?

--
Jean B.
Old January 23rd 05, 01:18 AM
Jean B.

I didn't want it confirmed that he is very unhappy. Of course, I
want him home tomorrow!!!
Jean B.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:20 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Jean B." wrote in message ...

My main concern now is that he is so upset!!!!! That can't be
good for him! At least I can pick him up any hour of the day or
night, so as soon as he can get home and the roads are the least
bit drivable (for my more-intrepid friend), I will go rescue him.

Although it's upsetting for you to think of him being unhappy at the vet's,
don't take unnecessary risks, going to get him if the roads are really
awful tomorrow. In the end, more important that you get there & back safely
w/him - even one more night at the vet's won't make a difference - in the
long run.

Cathy
--
Jean B.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:23 AM
Jean B.

Cat Protector wrote:

I can see why. He is in a strangle place with people checking him regularly
and also having to pee under pressure. I wouldn't be happy either. Hopefully
they gave him a nice towel or something soft to sleep on. I would think good
thoughts here.

I did leave a towel with him, so maybe he has that. I hope he can
sleep.............

--
Jean B.
Old January 23rd 05, 01:25 AM
Cat Protector

That's how I got the Hills Special Prescription Diet was at the vet. Icarus
has to eat it for 3 weeks. But I am also giving it to the other cats as a
preventative. I think you might be able to get Hills at Petsmart but I went
with what the vet prescribed at first since he only needs a cup a day of the
dry food. I mixed it with the old food so they can easily transition over to
it.

Old January 23rd 05, 01:54 AM
KellyH

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
That's how I got the Hills Special Prescription Diet was at the vet.
Icarus has to eat it for 3 weeks. But I am also giving it to the other
cats as a preventative. I think you might be able to get Hills at Petsmart
but I went with what the vet prescribed at first since he only needs a cup
a day of the dry food. I mixed it with the old food so they can easily
transition over to it.

You can only get Prescription foods at the vet.

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old January 23rd 05, 01:57 AM
KellyH

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
That's how I got the Hills Special Prescription Diet was at the vet.
Icarus has to eat it for 3 weeks. But I am also giving it to the other
cats as a preventative. I think you might be able to get Hills at Petsmart
but I went with what the vet prescribed at first since he only needs a cup
a day of the dry food. I mixed it with the old food so they can easily
transition over to it.

Did you ask the vet about mixing the prescription food with the old for
Icarus? I'm not sure that's a good idea. I thought the whole deal with the
Rx food is it is specially formulated to stop the crystals from formulating.
If mixed with regualr food, it won't be as effective.