First day back OT

Old September 1st 05, 10:46 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Christina Websell wrote:
"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
ups.com...

Christina Websell wrote:

-----8---gentle snips---8-----
to do it within two weeks, maybe sooner. I just can't stand having the
child protection records in a mess.

Tweed

Just saying pretty much what everyone has said. Be careful of *you*
sweetheart, no one else really will. Yes, you can get everything back
in order, but what happens if you make yourself ill? Take care.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

I've been more careful today and sat down more at the computer, felt much
better at the end of the day than yesterday. I've got it almost back in
control already. I was *so* shocked when I saw what a mess it was, I could
hardly believe it. I shan't say any more as it's OT.
The two cats don't seem to like it much that I'm not here all the time.
They were waiting for me at the front of my house when I drew up in my car
tonight.
Then./ Oh, no, I don't want to eat that chicken Whiskas pouch, it stinks..
sigh
Tweed

I swear (well I try not to, but you know how it is)... KFC and
Boyfriend have just GOT to be related to Smokie and Barnabus. I see
both of them (and they aren't even related to EACH OTHER!) in many of
your posts.

I had a medical appointment today, and when I returned (6.5 hours
later, good Lord!), all the cats, even the FIV kitty were sitting in
front of the door. Looking at me for all the world, like they were
saying, "...and where have you been Missy??? Hmmm??? You didn't ask
permission to leave..."

Smokie Darling (Annie) - completely covered with 4 bits and 3 cats all
*over* her...

Old September 1st 05, 10:54 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-09-01, Christina Websell penned:

I've been more careful today and sat down more at the computer, felt
much better at the end of the day than yesterday. I've got it
almost back in control already. I was *so* shocked when I saw what
a mess it was, I could hardly believe it. I shan't say any more as
it's OT. The two cats don't seem to like it much that I'm not here
all the time. They were waiting for me at the front of my house
when I drew up in my car tonight. Then./ Oh, no, I don't want to
eat that chicken Whiskas pouch, it stinks..
sigh Tweed

I think they just hate change. Oscar clearly disapproved when I was
laid off and she had to put up with me in her house all day. Then she
was clearly upset when, a month and a half later, I started going to
work again. Apparently I'd abandoned her.

As near as I can tell, cats are addicted to the status quo.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old September 3rd 05, 01:05 PM
polonca12000

Please try not to overdo it! I can understand wanting to sort things out
ASAP, but I am worried about your well-being.
Please take care of yourself first and foremost,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
The alarm going off at 6.45 was a bit of a shock. Since I've been ill and
recuperating 6.45 has existed only in the p.m. mode. The chickens and

geese
were a little shocked to be let out and fed so early. Kitty FC was in the
house, amazed to see me! but BF was out, confident that I wouldn't be up
for ages, you see;-)
I encountered him strolling up the garden path while I was "doing the
chickens" at 7.15. He seemed surprised to see me.
Anyway, it took me 45 minutes to get to work, bad traffic, but it all went
well. I got there before the new manager did, so quickly did a survey

with
my co-workers to see what their impression is of her. Mixed. She is
stricter and firmer than they are used to.
She called me into her office about 10.30. We had a 15 minute chat.

During
it, she said she will do all she can to help me manage my work until I

have
fully recovered physically and mentally. She doesn't want me to carry

stuff
like files around yet, and has arranged for a trolley. She seems nice but
it's too early to tell yet.

OMG, you should see the mess the job has got into while I was away!! It's
already looking better, but I think I overdid it a bit with too much
standing up. My "operation places" were hurting after just a couple of
hours, and my back was killing me at the end of the day.
But I sort of enjoyed trying to put it all right again and I am determined

Old September 5th 05, 11:00 PM
SuzQ

Definitely sounds like progress. Please take things gradually. I
volunteered for nearly three years in Child Protective Unit (CPS here) and
know how demanding that work can be. Think long term so that you do more
longer.
Purrs continue.
Suz&Spicey

Old September 6th 05, 10:35 PM
Christina Websell

"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Definitely sounds like progress. Please take things gradually. I
volunteered for nearly three years in Child Protective Unit (CPS here) and
know how demanding that work can be. Think long term so that you do more
longer.
Purrs continue.
Suz&Spicey

Tell me more, I'm very interested how CP is managed in other countries.
After my initial flurry of "OMG, what a mess it's in" and doing a week's
work in a day, I finally calmed down and took it easier.
I've been back for five working days and the whole thing is completely
sorted.
I don't understand how two people doing my work while I was sick could get
it all so completely out of control unless they spent too much time talking
about their weekends and such as that.
I *do* like to have a chat to my colleagues, myself. I do it when I have
a break in my work. I'm paid to work, not to talk about my holiday, or the
new wallpaper I just bought.
I have the day off tomorrow, and I'm glad. I'm tired already.

Tweed