Kitty Kisses and Nibbles

Old June 16th 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Kitty Kisses and Nibbles

Persia's tap me on my nose routine is now common practice and is no longer
reserved for waking me up. If I'm stretched out on the couch reading a
book, she'll put two paws up on the couch and reach out and touch my face to
get my attention. Lately, to accompany that, after rubbing her face all
over my hand and wrist, she gives it a single kitty kiss (lick) and then
gently bites my wrist. In return, give her scritches on the neck and rub
along her nose. All the while I'm being looked at with these gorgeous green
eyes and being subjected to major purrs.

If she happens to be up on the couch with me, sometimes I get a gentle kitty
kiss on the cheek after she taps my face. This can go on for an
indeterminate amount of time. It's very endearing but we all know why she's
doing it. And even as I giggle at this behaviour, I have to say, "Persia,
it's not time [for food] yet!"

Jill

Old June 16th 06, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:31:51 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

Awww, you attribute ulterior motives to that little cutie? (OK,
fluffy cutie ).

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old June 16th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Kreisleriana wrote:
[...]

Nawwww, Persia would *never* have an ulterior motive! She just loves me,
that's all. Oh wait, what was that bag of food you just brought in from the
car? Heheh. Fluffy Persia! I think she heard the vet tell me she lost a
pound so she's trying to make up for it! And really, that soft paw on the
face, the kitty kisses and the gentle nibbles to my wrist just make me love
her all the more I wish I could take pictures of those big green eyes
looking at me when she does this. Her pupils are dilated and I can see a
golden ring around the green of her iris. It's just an amazing sight but
not something I can photograph.

Jill
Jill

Old June 17th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I just love kitty kisses! Brandy is a big one for kissing. Matter of fact, she's
more like a puppy--she will lick my hands and face like a little toy puppy and
purr that motorcycle sound of hers, all the while owning my face and hand, and
when I give her scritchies she will twist her tail into the most bizarre
corkscrewy shape. Roxie will give the gentlest of nips, barely enough to feel
the points of her teeth, and for Stosh it's his pick-up. When we give him his
coming-home hug, he leans into our chests, sitting on our arms, and presses
himself as heavily as he can into us. I figure that's a kind of cat hug. Odessa
is not so much a kisser, but when she feels affectionate and wants a hug, she'll
tuck her head under my jaw, just over the collarbone, and close her eyes and
loosen up.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 17th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

My Sweetie likes to rub noses. I use "the smooch" (hold cat, put lips
next to ear and draw in air, making high-pitched noise) as a method of
painless discipline--I ***never*** hit my babies--haven't had to
discipline Sweetie in years--so it's not the kind of thing that every
cat will do.

Jeff
Old June 18th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"jmcquown" wrote:
Nawwww, Persia would *never* have an ulterior motive! She just loves me,
that's all. Oh wait, what was that bag of food you just brought in from the
car? Heheh. Fluffy Persia! I think she heard the vet tell me she lost a
pound so she's trying to make up for it! And really, that soft paw on the
face, the kitty kisses and the gentle nibbles to my wrist just make me love
her all the more I wish I could take pictures of those big green eyes
looking at me when she does this. Her pupils are dilated and I can see a
golden ring around the green of her iris. It's just an amazing sight but
not something I can photograph.

Persia is very sweet. She really does love you! I only got love nips
from Betty two or three times - very rare. I liked them, but I think
she was afraid of hurting hoomins. She seemed to think I was
something extremely breakable that needed to be handled with care.

Does her looking at you look anything your picture he

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...46690505DJgVub

Old June 18th 06, 11:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Takayuki wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Yeah, that's a funny photo. I was just fiddling with the camera and she was
in my lap. That's my girl

Jill

Old June 18th 06, 11:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Jeff Mullen wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Please tell me you aren't the Jeff I've known since 1977!

Old June 18th 06, 12:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

If she happens to be up on the couch with me, sometimes I get a
gentle kitty kiss on the cheek after she taps my face. This can go
on for an indeterminate amount of time. It's very endearing but we
all know why she's doing it. And even as I giggle at this
behaviour, I have to say, "Persia, it's not time [for food] yet!"

Jill, would you really want to trade for

Smokey IN YO' FACE.

*weight on chest...pressure on windpipe...sudden shock of noseleather
on face, very wet, open eyes to see Smokey shoving his face against
mine, staring me in the eyes* Every once in a while he'll lunge like
he's going to bite our face...but not lately, not since doing it got
him outright hissed at by us...(and delayed his breakfast even more)

Persia seems much more precious than my Trailer Park Boy.

I do, however, enjoy waking up from naps to Kumani's "blessings" as she
presses her paw against my forehead or cheek, lifts, presses...

--Fil