Inky

Old October 16th 03, 09:24 PM
Takayuki

Default Inky

"jen.d" wrote:
Inky the Fearless just freaks us out becuase he tends to take flying leaps
onto our banister railing (about 3 feet tall), which is about one inch thick
above our stairs- so about a 10-15 foot drop at one point from on top of the
railing, to the bottom floor below. We run and grab him, but not always
possible to do so immediately -- he's been fine so far, but I hate his
acrobatics. I hope he gets the idea to stop doing it though. He'll also
jump from the counter onto the open fridge door top (another narrow thing to
balance on) -- so flies a few feet through the air onto the thin doortop.
He's real good at the acrobatics (half siamese, 6 months old), but I swear
it's going to give me a heart attack. He never thinks, he just *does* and
usually with a "MRAAAAA".

Wait, wait, back up a bit. Who's Inky, and why have I never heard of
him before??

Old October 16th 03, 10:09 PM
jen.d

Hey Tak!

I haven't posted for months so that's probably why he's new! Inky is the
same kitten as Mr Jinks (who went to "Jinkydink" and now "Inky", well - he's
called all three but Inky is definitely the most common nickname for brevity
reasons I assume). He's an orange marmalade / Siamese who adopted us last
June or July (I forget now, life has been a blur of gross long hours). It
was one of those situations where you just see the kitty and go "yep, he
just has to come home with us" -- really a spontaneous decision, but he's
fit in real well and was just what Mugglesworth was hoping and dreaming for.
Muggles was SO scared of him at first, but within a few days they were
playing, eating, sleeping together and have been permanently side-by-side
for months now. Muggles and Kid weren't getting along for quite awhile, so
Muggles was pretty bored and distraught she decided not to be his friend
anymore... so it's worked out pretty well (although Kid still doesn't
befriend any cats, Kid's pretty happy being on her own (read: spoiled
rotten) or closely watched if out with the other cats). Not sure if it was
the right decision, but it's working ok.

He's really grown, and is a real funny guy. Next month he'll go in for the
big de-man-ing operation, too. Perhaps knocking off the luvbits will calm
down the wild a bit!!

How's Betty?

Jen.

--
===============================
jen.dehaan = flash deseloper

Old October 16th 03, 10:36 PM
Takayuki

"jen.d" wrote:
[...]

Ohhhh, so Inky = Mr Jinks! It's hard to imagine Muggles being afraid
of something so tiny!

I guess that some cats are more people oriented, and some are more cat
oriented. I guess Kid is in the former category, but it's good to
hear that Muggles is happy, and hopefully over his intestinal
problems, too?

Betty's still being Betty. She begs for me to play with the cat
dancer all the time now. Running all around the room with that thing
makes me dizzy after a while, especially when we go around and around
a chair or other piece of furniture.