[OT] A Flood Under My House

Old April 6th 09, 06:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default [OT] A Flood Under My House

Something's busted down there.... Dave had noticed a small amount of water
on the concrete floor yesterday but we couldn't figure out where it was
coming from.

Tonight I slithered into the crawl space to try and locate the source of the
sound of water flowing in the pipes. Nothing was visibly dripping or
spraying but I saw water running along the clay and forming small pools
where the ground is uneven.

The city water guy to came out to shut off the service until I can get it
fixed. (There might be a shut-off valve in the crawl space but if so it must
be well hidden.) We filled a bunch of gallon jugs with drinking water and
filled the bathtub as well.

I have no idea how long the leak was going on or how much water is involved
under the house but hopefully it won't make the foundation cave in....

Old April 6th 09, 07:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs that it can be fixed quickly and easily, with no damage.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

et...

Old April 6th 09, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Pat wrote:
Something's busted down there.... Dave had noticed a small amount of
water on the concrete floor yesterday but we couldn't figure out
where it was coming from.

Tonight I slithered into the crawl space to try and locate the source
of the sound of water flowing in the pipes. Nothing was visibly
dripping or spraying but I saw water running along the clay and
forming small pools where the ground is uneven.

The city water guy to came out to shut off the service until I can
get it fixed. (There might be a shut-off valve in the crawl space but
if so it must be well hidden.) We filled a bunch of gallon jugs with
drinking water and filled the bathtub as well.

I have no idea how long the leak was going on or how much water is
involved under the house but hopefully it won't make the foundation
cave in....

Purrs for the leak to be found quickly and repaired.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old April 6th 09, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default A Flood Under My House

On Apr 6, 12:59*am, "Pat" wrote:
Something's busted down there.... Dave had noticed a small amount of water
on the concrete floor yesterday but we couldn't figure out where it was
coming from.

Tonight I slithered into the crawl space to try and locate the source of the
sound of water flowing in the pipes. Nothing was visibly dripping or
spraying but I saw water running along the clay and forming small pools
where the ground is uneven.

The city water guy to came out to shut off the service until I can get it
fixed. (There might be a shut-off valve in the crawl space but if so it must
be well hidden.) *We filled a bunch of gallon jugs with drinking water and
filled the bathtub as well.

I have no idea how long the leak was going on or how much water is involved
under the house but hopefully it won't make the foundation cave in....

Oh, no, that sounds like it could be bad. We have a concrete slab
foundation and I
always wondered what happens when the plumbing goes bad. I imagine
something
that involves jackhammers and hourly rates we don't want to even think
about.
Is Dave a handy guy? Nearly all plumbing repair equipment can be
rented if he could
do the work. Good luck with it anyway. Purrs that it's a very s-l-o-w
leak.

Sherry
Old April 6th 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote

Is Dave a handy guy? Nearly all plumbing repair equipment can
be rented if he could do the work. Good luck with it anyway.
Purrs that it's a very s-l-o-w leak.

I think it started slow and I think it might have gone on for a long time
because the basement has been incredibly damp. We'll try to fix it
ourselves, of course, before resorting to an expensive solution.

Old April 6th 09, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Pat wrote:
Something's busted down there.... Dave had noticed a small amount of water
on the concrete floor yesterday but we couldn't figure out where it was
coming from.

Tonight I slithered into the crawl space to try and locate the source of the
sound of water flowing in the pipes. Nothing was visibly dripping or
spraying but I saw water running along the clay and forming small pools
where the ground is uneven.

The city water guy to came out to shut off the service until I can get it
fixed. (There might be a shut-off valve in the crawl space but if so it must
be well hidden.) We filled a bunch of gallon jugs with drinking water and
filled the bathtub as well.

I have no idea how long the leak was going on or how much water is involved
under the house but hopefully it won't make the foundation cave in....

This happened here in 1982/ However it was ground water that has risen
as a result of runoff after a heavy winter. Purrs that you can find the
source and fix the problem. MLB

Chester - flood of relief Susan M Cat anecdotes 10 October 2nd 06 07:24 PM
Flood time UTB rulz Cat anecdotes 0 September 14th 05 07:36 PM
Whoa.. wtf is going on here? is there any way to wade thru this flood of BS? Kwwwaaaazeeeee Kaaaaaatzzz Cat health & behaviour 0 September 12th 05 11:58 AM
Cat flood story Susan M Cat anecdotes 8 June 24th 05 04:04 AM
W32 Swen - Flood of Emails OU812? Cat anecdotes 1 September 26th 03 03:55 AM