Persia's Going to the Vet

Old April 28th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Persia's Going to the Vet

She's been whining a little bit the last few days and seems to be off her
game. I think she has a toothache. She's been rubbing her face against my
hand quite a bit. She's not drooling but I still suspect a tooth problem.
And as we all know, a bad tooth can cause other serious health problems. So
she's got an appointment with her vet (I refuse to call these caring people
"TED", aka the evil doctor) tomorrow morning.

The fun part will be getting her into the carrier. I usually have to hide
the carrier in the bathtub, then find a way to lure her into the bathroom
and shut the door. And get her (kicking and screaming) into the carrier.
Poor Persia. She's been through so much in her life. Crystalline oxolate
formations requiring surgery. Hyperthyroidism (radioactive isotope
therapy). Please just let this be a simple tooth extraction.

Jill

Old April 28th 11, 06:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

It sounds as though she's claustrophobic, as Pickles is. Poor baby! I hope
it's nothing serious and the confinements to the carrier can be minimized.

Joy

Old April 28th 11, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Purring and praying that Persia is ok and doesn't require much medical
treatment. Keep us updated.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 28th 11, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Purrs that it's nothing or at the very least something easy to fix.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Are you home, Lori?

Jill

Old April 28th 11, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Purrs that it's nothing or at the very least something easy to fix.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Are you home, Lori?

Jill

No, Ben got my old laptop to work and then got it to connect with the
hospital's WIFI. See my post to the original "CatNipped Back in Hospital"
that Ben posted.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 28th 11, 09:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jmcquown wrote:

She's been whining a little bit the last few days and seems to be off her
game. I think she has a toothache. She's been rubbing her face against my
hand quite a bit. She's not drooling but I still suspect a tooth problem.
And as we all know, a bad tooth can cause other serious health problems. So
she's got an appointment with her vet (I refuse to call these caring people
"TED", aka the evil doctor) tomorrow morning.

The fun part will be getting her into the carrier. I usually have to hide
the carrier in the bathtub, then find a way to lure her into the bathroom
and shut the door. And get her (kicking and screaming) into the carrier.
Poor Persia. She's been through so much in her life. Crystalline oxolate
formations requiring surgery. Hyperthyroidism (radioactive isotope
therapy). Please just let this be a simple tooth extraction.

Purrs for an easy fix this time!

Joyce

--
"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings
Old April 28th 11, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

Lots of purrs on the way for Persia. If only we could explain it's for
their own good.

--
Adrian
Old April 29th 11, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On Apr 28, 6:50*pm, hopitus wrote:
On Apr 28, 9:39*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

[...]

If tooth extraction is in order, buttonhole the vet to find out if
they intend to
give Persia the "senior citizen" cat anesthesia and not the standard,
to ease
concern for her toleration levels.
One of my cats, long ago, before the "senior specialty" anesthesia
was
available, had to have CPR, crash cart work (lifesaving meds and
treatment)
and spent a week extra at vet's (no cost to me) during tooth
extraction.
Of course, you know all about this anyway.

Yes, that's right. Rusty got the anesthesia for senior cat.
The vet mentioned that when I voiced my concern about Rusty going
under.