The Toes Report... sum sad noos, we're afraid... :-(

Old December 7th 05, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default The Toes Report... sum sad noos, we're afraid... :-(

Hello, all our kitty-friends;

Panda's not up to writing right now - or I guess rather, Panda is
eating and I'm not up to translating properly.

TED Bonnie just made a housecall to bring over more pain patches and
shave another spot to put them on my poor Panda-girl. Late yesterday,
the pathology on her second dental/jaw surgery came back - and it's
pretty final. My Toesey-lady has squamous cell carcinoma in her jaw,
that has already invaded bone and soft tissue. Our vet consulted a
surgeon before even telling me, but for surgery to have a chance of
success I think the cancer has to be non-metastasized (it is) but also
non-invasive, localized to one type of tissue or something (which it
isn't). This one has progressed too rapidly, in only a few weeks. So
there isn't anything more we can do that wouldn't be just putting her
through more pain to get only a little more time.

For now, she's in good spirits and we have narcotic patches to last a
while. She's actually eating OK, albeit messily, climbing her cat tree
and purring all night on the bed. She's a perfectly healthy cat with a
sore mouth just now. I'm hoping since her last surgery is still
healing and she now has pain and infection management happening, that
she'll gain a bit of comfort in the coming weeks before anything
deteriorates more.

I'm off to the store to buy lots of small tins of Whiskas and Fancy
feast and stuff, because Her Ladyship has decided she likes the moist
foods, but of course if I opened it yesterday it is no longer fresh
enough. So the other 3/4-some gets to be clean-up crew every time Her
Toes eats a quarter can of A/D right now. Kinda pricey, and messy when
the barfers decide to return it on the carpet.

Thanks for all the purrs & warm thoughts. Keep 'em coming that we stay
comfortable for as long as we can, hopefully I'll have my girl through
the holidays at least.

Johanna, fur de Four-might-soon-be-a-Threesome again.

Old December 7th 05, 06:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

"FurrsomeFoursome" wrote in message
oups.com..
..
[...]

Sooo sorry to hear your sad news.
That's what took Dyna from us.
sigh

Sylvia

Old December 7th 05, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Wee iz so furry sorry to reed dis, cawz it is a furry hard
fing to say gudby to sumwun yu luff. Buttid fank Bast dat dis tyme
has not yet arrifed.

Dat shee wil be wif yoo fur a while yet a troo blessing for boff of
you, an Panda knoze dat shee izz luffd. May da boff of yoo haff a
luvink holiday seeson togeffur, an pleeze giff Panda a few skritchees
fur usses...

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
12/7/2005 1:10:44 PM
anais_737+at+verizon+dot+net

Old December 7th 05, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 09:42:40 -0800, FurrsomeFoursome wrote:

Thanks for all the purrs & warm thoughts. Keep 'em coming that we stay
comfortable for as long as we can, hopefully I'll have my girl through
the holidays at least.

Johanna, fur de Four-might-soon-be-a-Threesome again.

We are SO VERY SORRY to hear this! Panda is a very special kitty who has
become very dear to all of us in the Community.

We are all going to keep purring our very best purrs for Panda so that she
can be with you for a while yet. Panda joins a list of a few other kitties
we're purring for on health issues.

Amelia

[The Highland kitties invite their neighbor kitties into the house, then
all 8 kitties form a meatloafing circle and commence purring up some major
energy]
Old December 7th 05, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

So sorry to hear this news. That cancer stuff is just so awful. The
treatment is difficult and still no real hope of a cure. Hopefully,
Panda-girl will have some happy times with you and not suffer too much.

Beverly

Old December 7th 05, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Johanna, I'm so sorry. It's never easy. I'm glad you will have the time to
spend with Panda before she begins her trip to the Bridge. Just please
remember you've done all that is possible; Panda knows that and she knows
you love her dearly as she loves you.

Fran

Ize so sorry Aunti Johanna. Ize knowz this is so hard for youze, most
likely harder for usez then it is for Panda. Youze are in Bast's paws and
youze both are being surrounded by soothing purrs for youze sad sad heart
and for Panda. May she be able to stay with you for a while yet before shez
begins herz voyage.

Puddi Cat
(meatloafing and purring away)

--
Remove "spam" from addy to reply

Old December 8th 05, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

On $DATE , FurrsomeFoursome wrote:

[...]

It's so sad to hear this, Johanna. I, (and the cats), will be
puurraying for you both. May you make the best of the too short
time you have left. I'm sure Panda will tell you when it's time
to go. She is so lucky to have you.

--
Regards,
Fred.
Old December 8th 05, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Thanks for all the purrs & warm thoughts. Keep 'em coming that we stay
comfortable for as long as we can, hopefully I'll have my girl through
the holidays at least.

Johanna, fur de Four-might-soon-be-a-Threesome again.

Ohdeer. Dis is horribul news. I send my girthiest purrs dat Panda haz
a long an comfurtible tyme left.

PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr
PURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPURRpurrPU RRpurrPURRpurr

Allegra
==========
How many toes?

Louise
Old December 8th 05, 02:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Dear Ms Panda, our mom is trying not to think while she writes this at
work. It is hard to disguise tears. A LONG time ago, she was mother
to Turk II, a fine black and white cat. In 1985, he got the squamous
cell cancer also. We will purr extremely hard for you and send
thoughts to Turk to be on the lookout when it is time. We hope you
have as lovely a holiday as possible. With purrs & love, The Cooper
Cats.