Four - Update, vets etc.

Old December 16th 07, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Four - Update, vets etc.

Hi Folks,

The power of RPCA strikes again! )

Due to several people asking about how to make donations for Fours vet
care costs etc, and Charleen having problems with her PC, I have spent
the afternoon phoning across the Atlantic like mad! )

Victor has very kindly agreed to take "non USA" payments through his
Paypal account, so that "out of USA" RPCA-ers who wish to donate to
Fours TED treatment can. Victor will then mail a US $ cheque for the
funds, to Dr Mulero, to be credited to Fours account ready for his
operation/treatment. If any USA-ers wish to donate, please send a USA
cheque to Dr Mulero who can see that it is credited to the correct
account.

Charleen and Victor have to work out the finer details in the next few
days, and then I feel sure than one of them will give details here.

The reason we have asked Victor to step in, is that he has been kind
enough to do this sort of thing before with his Paypal account, and
also (as I explained to him on the phone) he is somewhat of an RPCA
institution and the ideal 3rd party to help. )

The plan is for Charleen to speak to Dr Mulero on Wednesday when he is
at the clinic, to then start Four on Antibiotics and worm him by
Wednesday/Thursday this week, with the hope that she can get him to
the TED to be fixed up sooner rather than later. He is apparently a
*VERY* large Maine Coon cat, who is a bag of bones and severaly
malnourished at the moment, but already secure enough in his role as
potential new master to inform Charleen that kibble is "quite
unacceptable" and Gooshy food is the order of the day!

More soon and *thank you*

Helen M

Old December 16th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Would it be OK for a USA'er to call them and give a credit card
number,
instead of mailing a check? I would be able to tell them what it's for,
so they shouldn't have a problem figuring out which account to credit.

I just think that's a better idea for me than using the postal service.
It would ensure that I actually do it - I'm just horrible about remembering
to mail things!

Joyce

Please would it be possible to pay it to Victor's Paypal account
instead and get him to add it to the cheque *he* sends? What we're
trying to do is keep the disruption to the vet to a minimum as Dr
Mulero only works at the vet office part time and I think Four has
become a bit of a personal project for him as Four is (in the words of
the Thunderbirds) an "International Rescue".

It would need to be credited to Charleens account rather than to
*Four's* account, as Four is not at TED yet... and I'm not making much
sense really, but basically, Dr Mulero will be able to deal with
cheques in cards himself, whereas he'll have to get the office staff
involved to take credit card payments over the phone, which will cause
confusion to them.

Is that OK?

Helen M

Old December 16th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 16 Dec, 13:21, wrote:
Victor has very kindly agreed to take "non USA" payments through his
Paypal account, so that "out of USA" RPCA-ers who wish to donate to
Fours TED treatment can.

Okay I'm in- can Victor email me his paypal details in the morning
- I'm sure he'll know what to
take out) and I'll set the ball rolling

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old December 16th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 16 Dec, 14:14, Victor Martinez wrote:
And since the Euro and the Pound are so
strong nowadays, your donations go a long way!

I just checked and yes a few English quids will go a long way towards
Four's vet bills so I'll try and get it sorted in the morning

Old December 16th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

wrote in message
[...]

Isn't it amazing how quickly a cat can go from grateful to particular to
downright finicky?

Jo

Old December 16th 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Annie W

On Dec 16, 4:14 pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
wrote:
Charleen and Victor have to work out the finer details in the next few
days, and then I feel sure than one of them will give details here.

Actually, all you have to do is send money to my PayPal account, using
my email address: pistor - at - austin.rr.com
As it's been done in the past, I will post a copy of the PayPal account
balance so that the interested parties can verify their money did indeed
go to the intended target. And since the Euro and the Pound are so
strong nowadays, your donations go a long way!

also (as I explained to him on the phone) he is somewhat of an RPCA
institution and the ideal 3rd party to help. )

*blush*

malnourished at the moment, but already secure enough in his role as
potential new master to inform Charleen that kibble is "quite
unacceptable" and Gooshy food is the order of the day!

Sounds like quite a character!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

I've never used PayPal. Please forgive my ignorance. How does sending
you an email get the money out of my bank account and into your PayPal
account? I suppose I would have to have my own PayPal with something
on account there?
Thanks,
Annie
Old December 17th 07, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

I've never used PayPal. Please forgive my ignorance. How does sending
you an email get the money out of my bank account and into your PayPal
account? I suppose I would have to have my own PayPal with something
on account there?
Thanks,
Annie- Hide quoted text -

Basically, it's very simple. Go to Paypal.com, and set up an account.
Then you can make credit card payments to another party via your
paypal account to their paypal account using their email address as an
identifier for their account. It means you can make secure payments
without the other party seeing your credit card details and your
payments show up in the form of a statement.

Helen M

UPDATE Re vets in Toronto Marina Cat anecdotes 7 December 15th 07 06:30 AM
Varying Vets jmc Cat health & behaviour 2 September 7th 07 08:31 PM
Cleo at the vets Lois Cat anecdotes 14 July 18th 06 04:02 AM
Voodoo Vets biggerbadderbarry Cat health & behaviour 3 July 1st 05 03:55 PM
Update on do vets really care Linda Hartley Cat health & behaviour 26 November 26th 03 02:32 AM