Chartreux information needed.

Old March 23rd 04, 12:44 AM
Kitkat

wow. some of you guys are brutal. i have finally decided to come out of lurk
mode to say that.

at any rate...

-pam,
too paranoid to discuss her felines around here but i do appreciate some of the
good stuff i also read on this ng

"Enjoy every second of your life...it may end at any time and you may come back
as some loser with bad taste." -my friend JoeyJojo

***notice spam blocker***

Old March 23rd 04, 01:19 AM
Sherry

IMO, you have just as good a chance getting a cat that can be made into a
healthy, well-adjusted cat at a
shelter as anywhere else.

I completely disagree. I think your overall chances are not nearly as good
as going to a breeder and knowing the parents, and knowing how they were
raised. I believe you hedge you bets and improve your chances. That is my
opinion, and I certainly respect yours.

I suppose, all in all, it would depend on the breeder. I have seen the absolute
worst so my opinion about breeders is very skewed..... Be cautious, ask a lot
of questions, ask to see the contract, and (to me)..most importantly, before
you decide, drop in unannounced at the cattery. Just to see if things truly are
as they appear. Good luck.

SSherry

Old March 23rd 04, 01:20 AM
Kitkat

But when you silently read and
only offer public critisism, I'd have a tendency to either KF you, or have
a prejudiced opinion of you myself.

I understand what you are saying, but I just think people should keep in mind
that the harsh tone is definitely evident and it probably keeps more people
than you think silent.

FWIW, I have 2 kitties...both are shelter kids. Luna is a 6 year old torbie and
Ive had her since she was about 6-8 months old. We just this weekend adopted a
new guy. His name is Lex and we think he is between 1-2 years old.

Ive decided to do some volunteering at the shelter where Lex came from. If
anyone is in or near Chicago, The Red Door shelter is a wonderful place that
houses kitties and bunnies.

Sorry if I perpetuated the negative vibe with my first post ever. And heck, Im
no stranger to the world of usenet. I guess I just thought it was over the top
harsh to attack the OP. Who are we to really judge?

anyhow...
pics of my luna can be seen at:
www.fotki.com/kitkatluna

in the folder called "luna"

pics of lex (and other shelter beauties) can be found at the same site in the
folder "shelter cats"

enjoy,
pam

Old March 23rd 04, 01:38 AM
Cheryl

lex (Kitkat) dumped this in
on 22 Mar 2004:

I understand what you are saying, but I just think people should keep
in mind that the harsh tone is definitely evident and it probably
keeps more people than you think silent.

If you're silent, you don't exist. FTR, I'd like to see more people
post about their purebred cats. I hate all the "us against them" posts,
too. All cats, like all children, are innocent beings and all need
homes. Loving homes, all the better.

)

Sorry if I perpetuated the negative vibe with my first post ever. And
heck, Im no stranger to the world of usenet. I guess I just thought it
was over the top harsh to attack the OP. Who are we to really judge?

anyhow...
pics of my luna can be seen at:
www.fotki.com/kitkatluna

I can see you love her dearly. 5 pages of pics? lol She's a sweetie
and must be very special to you. I'd love to know what the pic with the
caption "the scream" was about. lol She is so full of purrsonality and
you've captured her so well. Welcome and don't be a lurker!!!

--
Cheryl