Any good & cheap weighing scale?

Old September 2nd 05, 07:22 PM
Phil P.

"John Doe" wrote in message
Tough guy wanna-be, troll

You post more "troll" messages than actual information, and the little
information you do manage to post is usually utterly stupid. At least I
don't have to worry about anyone actually taking your asinine advice since
you've made it abundantly clear that you *are* an idiot.

'Troll" this: ..|..

Old September 3rd 05, 01:49 AM
MaryL

"Kiran" wrote in message
I can't afford the premium brands right now, can anybody recommend a
good & cheap scale for weighing a cat?

Here is a link to a good-quality inexpensive digital scale:
http://www.toplinedigitalscales.com/...24&item_id=166

You would need to place a box on this scale, then place the cat in the box.
The scale has a tare function, so you can easily set it to zero after
putting the box on the scale and before placing the cat on the scale.

MaryL

My cats --
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

Old September 3rd 05, 01:51 AM
shortfuse

I weigh my cat by weighing myself and then holding a cat and subtract
difference. As for scales, I bought mine at Big Lots for 5.00 and the face
of the scale is big enough to read.

Old September 3rd 05, 02:16 AM

MaryL wrote:
"Kiran" wrote in message
I can't afford the premium brands right now, can anybody recommend a
good & cheap scale for weighing a cat?

Here is a link to a good-quality inexpensive digital scale:
http://www.toplinedigitalscales.com/...24&item_id=166

You would need to place a box on this scale, then place the cat in the box.
The scale has a tare function, so you can easily set it to zero after
putting the box on the scale and before placing the cat on the scale.

MaryL

http://www.digitalscale.com/SHIPPING...20COMPARED.htm
"Our test of this scale had it perform within it's 1 ounce resolution
except at higher ranges where it deviated by 6 ounces. When we put the
scale in it's "ounce only" mode, we found it was surprisingly accurate
at lower ranges. It had a readability of 0.2oz and accuracy of 0.2oz
until we reached 5lb when slight deviations began to occur. At 30lb
the scale read 29lb 10oz. This scale is not recalibratable by the end
user."

Yup, it seems pretty good at weights for a cat. But for the same money,
the Ultraship appears to be more accurate and I am seeing Ultraships up
to 75 pounds which if made as well as the 30 and 50 pound models might
do double or triple duty for shipping, cats, and doggies.

I guess it's a question of money. If I saw this one for half the price
of an Ultraship, I might get it. Most cats are not 30 pounds but it's
annoying the scale can be off almost half a pound or 6 ounces at that
higher range. Not sure it matter but it would to the post office

Old September 3rd 05, 02:29 AM
MaryL

"Kiran" wrote in message
I can't afford the premium brands right now, can anybody recommend a
good & cheap scale for weighing a cat?

Here is a link to a good-quality inexpensive digital scale:
http://www.toplinedigitalscales.com/...24&item_id=166

You would need to place a box on this scale, then place the cat in the
box. The scale has a tare function, so you can easily set it to zero
after putting the box on the scale and before placing the cat on the
scale.

MaryL

My cats --
Duffy: http://tinyurl.com/cslwf
Holly: http://tinyurl.com/9t68o

What are the increments on that scale? One problem with the method you
cited is that a cat is so small that scales need to measure in very small
increments. Most of the scales you could buy and use as you described
cannot do that. An error of 1 pound in a person isn't very important, but
it is *huge* when monitoring a cat's weight.

MaryL

Old September 3rd 05, 01:06 PM
shortfuse

I dont weigh that much either! If it can pick up my weight. Besides, the vet
weighs them,too, and its been in the same area as their calculations (give a
couple lbs that they put on in between visits).

Old September 3rd 05, 05:29 PM
MaryL

"shortfuse" wrote in message
I dont weigh that much either! If it can pick up my weight. Besides, the
vet weighs them,too, and its been in the same area as their calculations
(give a couple lbs that they put on in between visits).

Well, I surely hope that you are joking when you speak of cats putting on a
"couple lbs." between visits -- unless you have cats that are approximately
the size of lions, that is.

MaryL

Old September 3rd 05, 05:54 PM
shortfuse

My older cats are pretty well stable, I was thinking more of Ornery who is
20 weeks old and still growing.
My other cats weigh from 8-15 lbs. I should had included "gained or lost
between visits".
Does that sound better :-)

Old September 4th 05, 02:18 AM
MaryL

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Phil P." phil maxshouse.com wrote:

Yours are *scary*. Knowing idiots like you have cats makes me
tremble during every adoption.

Apparently your indignant ignorant troll doesn't know that
veterinarians routinely place cats in a durable bag zipped up to
the cat's neck. What I use is a featherweight plastic grocery bag
that is open at one end.

The only trauma is in your head.

From: "Phil P." phil maxshouse.com
Newsgroups: alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Subject: Any good & cheap weighing scale?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 00:23:39 -0400

As Phil said, that's a restraint bag. In all my years of pet ownership, I
have *never* seen one of those bags used. That is not "routine."

MaryL

Old September 6th 05, 07:37 PM
~^Johnny^~

--