The trash can

Old April 14th 04, 05:12 AM
Dennis Carr

Default The trash can

Here's a problem I have that I'm certain is universal - cats in the
kitchen trash can.

Maybe it's the occasional empty tin of tuna I put in there, maybe it's
curiousity, but I find that my girls like to get into the trash can - or
worse, topple it. Mind you, our trash can largely contains dry materials
(the vast majority of garbage goes down the sink into the disposer, while
things that can't go down there are simply removed to the dumpsters), so
it's largely non-hazardous and not *terribly* messy - but I'd rather the
cats stay out.

Any one have any good ideas for at the very least preventing the toppling
of the trash?

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old April 14th 04, 05:20 AM
Cat Protector

Actually I have a tall Rubber Made trashcan that the cats don't even bother
with. Of course the recyclable can is a different story. I had the pleasure
of having to pick up all the cans and such after a neighbor's cat came onto
the porch one night and tipped it over. The cat hasn't been back since.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
news

Old April 14th 04, 05:30 AM
Sandy

I had to put all my wastebaskets in closets -- the kitchen garbage has
always been under the sink, so they couldn't get to that anyway. For a
while I had a wastebasket with one of those swinging lids, but Sundance
recently got his head stuck in it, so that had to be put away, too.
--
Do the math.

Old April 14th 04, 06:00 AM
RobZip

"Sandy" wrote in message
om...
For a while I had a wastebasket with one of those swinging lids, but

Sundance
recently got his head stuck in it, so that had to be put away, too.

I have one of those too. My little one, Sammie, insists on perching on top
of it to look out the kitchen window. Every few days there will be the sound
of claws seeking traction and much flustered scrambling as she gets off
center and the lid tips in. A quick peek in the kitchen usually finds her in
a state of cat denial, sitting calmly on the floor, grooming and making
goo-goo eyes at me. 'Whaaa? Me fall in the trash can? Nah.... 'Heard
sumpthin' though, no idea what it was...'

Old April 14th 04, 06:01 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:12:13 -0700, Dennis Carr
wrote:

Here's a problem I have that I'm certain is universal - cats in the
kitchen trash can.

Maybe it's the occasional empty tin of tuna I put in there, maybe it's
curiousity, but I find that my girls like to get into the trash can - or
worse, topple it. Mind you, our trash can largely contains dry materials
(the vast majority of garbage goes down the sink into the disposer, while
things that can't go down there are simply removed to the dumpsters), so
it's largely non-hazardous and not *terribly* messy - but I'd rather the
cats stay out.

Any one have any good ideas for at the very least preventing the toppling
of the trash?

I put the waste basket in the cabinet under the sink.