Boy am I confused(A little long)

Old September 23rd 04, 11:25 PM
Paul O.

Default Boy am I confused(A little long)

This could be kinda lengthy but at the risk of leaving something out will
try to make it short. Our cat has been on vet. prescribed Waltham's renal LP
cat food. We had both wet and dry. He is a very picky eater and finally has
been eating the wet with some boiled chicken added. Wouldn't touch the dry.
Ok, seems to be doing real well, eating good gaining weight. Over the last
few weeks have ran out of sources for the wet as Petsmart seems to have
trouble ordering it. Have been thru several stores. Our vet by the way is a
Banfield vet in a Petsmart. Well anyway, thru trying to find any wet food he
will eat I kept the dry food down and there is no other wet food I have
tried that he will eat but has started eating the Waltham's dry pretty good.
We have another appt. Saturday and I expect to be able to take him off the
prescribed food once the vet sees the blood test results. Hopefully this
will be the case. I want to try to go to a good food and have gone nuts
doing google searches on what is best, so won't go there here at this time.
But would like some input on whether or not to try to get him to eat mainly
wet or dry. Going to try first Wellness as it seems to be pretty well
thought of. Well, this ended up kinda long anyway. All this food business
gets kinda nuts and frustrating. Thanks for your comments.

--
Paul O.
Absolutely clueless when it comes to cats

Old September 24th 04, 12:39 AM
Paul O.

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
I'm a big believer in feeding my cats a good quality food. Mine get Pet
Guard, Wellness and Innova canned foods. For dry, I feed them Royal
Cannin
and Innova. They get about a 50/50 ratio of canned and dry.

S.

I had called the vet office and they told me that the dry would be better
for digestion and tartar. Ok, I can believe that, however when he was
eating the wet, I also use Petramalt on his foot a couple times a week, I
had noticed no hairball symptoms such as chuffing or vomiting. So I was
figuering with the Petra Malt and the wet and oily food that the
combination was doing a good job. *I* think that a combination of wet and
dry food would be ideal. Finding a combination he will eat after he goes
off the prescribed food is whats going to be frustrating tho. I'd hate to
get a whole bag of something tho and then he won't eat it.