No door can stop him!

Old September 23rd 04, 05:32 PM
Elizabeth Blake

"Nomen Nescio" ] wrote in message

Well, TK's been an indoor cat for 6 months now and in that time he's

"cracked" the secret
of opening the cabinet doors by putting a paw around the knob and pulling.

Then he
moved on to the sliding closet doors and learned to get a paw under the

door and rock
it 'till it slides open. Yesterday I watched him sitting at his dish

picking up one
"crunchie" at a time with one paw and putting it in his mouth. I wondered

what he
though he was doing and now I think he was trying to improve his

coordination. Today
I caught him on the kitchen counter, both paws on the doorknob (the door

to outside),
rocking the doorknob back and forth in a twisting motion. Uh - Oh.
It's time to start locking the dead bolt.

Whenever I have to lock Otto in my bedroom, he jumps on the dresser and
rattles the door knob. I don't think he'll ever get out, because you have
to give the knob a good hard turn to get it to open. He is excellent at
opening drawers. He can get into the nightstands by the bed, the drawer in
my desk and the dresser drawers. There are two small drawers in the dresser
that are covered by a little door. He opens the door, pulls out the drawers
and removes the contents (underwear). Many times I've walked in and found a
nice pile of underwear on the floor.

--
Liz

Old September 23rd 04, 05:50 PM
Mary

"Elizabeth Blake" wrote in message

Whenever I have to lock Otto in my bedroom, he jumps on the dresser and
rattles the door knob. I don't think he'll ever get out, because you have
to give the knob a good hard turn to get it to open. He is excellent at
opening drawers. He can get into the nightstands by the bed, the drawer

in
my desk and the dresser drawers. There are two small drawers in the

dresser
that are covered by a little door. He opens the door, pulls out the

drawers
and removes the contents (underwear). Many times I've walked in and found

nice pile of underwear on the floor.

--

Cheeky systematically opens all the lower kitchen cabinet doors
every morning as I get her food ready. It's like a ritual. She opens half

Old September 25th 04, 12:38 AM
PawsForThought

From: Nomen Nescio

I caught him on the kitchen counter, both paws on the doorknob (the door to
outside),
rocking the doorknob back and forth in a twisting motion.

LOL! My Mickey does that to the bedroom door when it's shut. He can also open
the sliding kitchen doors too. Clever kitties!

Lauren
________
Declawing Info: http://www.wholecatjournal.com/articles/claws.htm
Old September 25th 04, 12:38 AM