Happy Meowmie's Day

Old May 8th 05, 12:19 PM
Gabey8

Default Happy Meowmie's Day

In the USA, the second Sunday in May is celebrated as Mother's Day. I'm not
sure which other countries have adopted this holiday that honors mothers,
nor do I know if they celebrate it on the same day as we do in the US.

Either way, I'd like to wish all the mothers and Meowmies on the board a
Happy Meowmie's Day! )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old May 8th 05, 04:14 PM
Victor Martinez

Gabey8 wrote:
In the USA, the second Sunday in May is celebrated as Mother's Day. I'm not
sure which other countries have adopted this holiday that honors mothers,
nor do I know if they celebrate it on the same day as we do in the US.

In Mexico we celebrate it on May 10th. This year my mom is having a
double celebration, my two sisters who live in Morelia drove over today
to be with mom. Tomorrow, my mom and dad are going to Mexico City, so my
dad can visit his mom on Mother's day and my mom can visit with my two
sisters who live there.
I got to talk to my mom on the phone, like we do every Sunday.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 8th 05, 04:17 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Gabey8 wrote:
In the USA, the second Sunday in May is celebrated as Mother's Day.

I'm not
sure which other countries have adopted this holiday that honors

mothers,
nor do I know if they celebrate it on the same day as we do in the

US.

Either way, I'd like to wish all the mothers and Meowmies on the

board a
Happy Meowmie's Day! )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

According to my friend in France, Mother's Day there is May 29 (this
year).

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old May 8th 05, 05:13 PM
CK

Gabey8 wrote:
In the USA, the second Sunday in May is celebrated as Mother's Day. I'm not
sure which other countries have adopted this holiday that honors mothers,
nor do I know if they celebrate it on the same day as we do in the US.

Either way, I'd like to wish all the mothers and Meowmies on the board a
Happy Meowmie's Day! )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

We celebrate Mothers' Day on the second Sunday in May in Finland too.
I sent my mom a card and called her today and we (DH, myself and the
kitties) spent yesterday and today at DH's parents' place.

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old May 8th 05, 06:54 PM
Elise

Gabey8 wrote:
In the USA, the second Sunday in May is celebrated as Mother's Day. I'm not
sure which other countries have adopted this holiday that honors mothers,
nor do I know if they celebrate it on the same day as we do in the US.

Either way, I'd like to wish all the mothers and Meowmies on the board a
Happy Meowmie's Day! )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms, Meowmies and the MomDad too!

--
Elise (supervised by Gossamer & Jeeves)
pics:
Old May 8th 05, 10:54 PM
Yoj

"Gabey8" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
In the USA, the second Sunday in May is celebrated as Mother's Day. I'm

not
sure which other countries have adopted this holiday that honors mothers,
nor do I know if they celebrate it on the same day as we do in the US.

Either way, I'd like to wish all the mothers and Meowmies on the board a
Happy Meowmie's Day! )

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

I know that Australia celebrates the same Mother's Day we do, and England
has Mothering Sunday (basically the same thing) in some other month
(February?).

Thank you and Happy Meowmie's Day to my fellow mothers and meowmies.

Joy

Old May 9th 05, 05:47 AM

I got to talk to my mom on the phone, like we do every Sunday.

I live 6000 miles from my mum, and I can't imagine how much trouble I'd
be in if I missed one of our Sunday phone calls without a *damn* good
reason! Purrs for you missing your mum

I'm flying back to the UK next week for my mum's graduation (how cool
is that?! Graduating at 58!)

Cheers
Al.