Strange, creepy and squelchy !

Old July 19th 11, 07:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

Default Strange, creepy and squelchy !

I've never seen anything like this.
Yesterday just before the awful rain, we noticed some yellow
caterpillars on the path. On closer inspection, there were hundreds of
them! We have an Irish poplar in the centre of the front lawn, and it
was heaving with these caterpillars. all crawling down the trunk,
across the paving stones and onto my car tyres! They seemed to be
attracted to them. At one point, we could hardly see the rubber! A
moving mass of them!
I refused to drive my car.....but then the rain came and the poor old
caterpillars got drowned and washed away.
I've never seen anything like this in my life, and I have to say, it
freaked me out! What if the rain hadn't
come...............? Spooky music!

Bess
Old July 19th 11, 11:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

i can deal with one catapillar but not lots... hey i just saw an ad on
latnight where you order this box with cagtapillars in and feed it until it
turns into a utterfly... you coulda had your own net business... this ad was
like fourty dollars us for two cagtapillars and food and box, soft

Old July 20th 11, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_4_]

On 07/19/2011 12:18 PM, rafflescat wrote:
I've never seen anything like this.
Yesterday just before the awful rain, we noticed some yellow
caterpillars on the path. On closer inspection, there were hundreds of
them! We have an Irish poplar in the centre of the front lawn, and it
was heaving with these caterpillars. all crawling down the trunk,
across the paving stones and onto my car tyres! They seemed to be
attracted to them. At one point, we could hardly see the rubber! A
moving mass of them!
I refused to drive my car.....but then the rain came and the poor old
caterpillars got drowned and washed away.
I've never seen anything like this in my life, and I have to say, it
freaked me out! What if the rain hadn't
come...............? Spooky music!

Bess

+++++
Did you think to take a picture and give/sell it to a newspaper?

Old July 25th 11, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On Jul 19, 11:06*pm, "Storrmmee" wrote:
i can deal with one catapillar but not lots... hey i just saw an ad on
latnight where you order this box with cagtapillars in and feed it until it
turns into a utterfly... you coulda had your own net business... this ad was
like fourty dollars us for two cagtapillars and food and box, soft"rafflescat" wrote in message

Yes, there were far too many for me - I was glad when the rain stopped
us from going out. Don't think I could have been responsible for so
many deaths )-: Don'tknow what the attraction to the car tyres was all
about though.
Bess
Old July 25th 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On Jul 20, 4:48*am, MLB wrote:
On 07/19/2011 12:18 PM, rafflescat wrote: I've never seen anything like this.
* Yesterday just before the awful rain, we noticed some yellow
caterpillars on the path. On closer inspection, there were hundreds of
them! We have an Irish poplar in the centre of the front lawn, and it
was heaving with these caterpillars. all crawling down the trunk,
across the paving stones and onto my car tyres! They seemed to be
attracted to them. At one point, we could hardly see the rubber! A
moving mass of them!
I refused to drive my car.....but then the rain came and the poor old
caterpillars got drowned and washed away.
I've never seen anything like this in my life, and I have to say, it
freaked me out! What if the rain hadn't
come...............? * * * * * *Spooky music!

Bess

+++++
Did you think to take a picture and give/sell it to a newspaper?

No duh.....Never even crossed my mind I was just too grossed out!
They were crawling up the living room window too - just a couple
though!
Bess
Old July 25th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
rafflescat

On Jul 20, 10:27*am, "Gramby" wrote:
[...]

I saw a photograph on Google - a car completely covered with the
little blighters! I think these ones were sawfly caterpillers, they
can totally trash a tree, the one on our lawn is looking decidedly
unhappy, the leaves are all shrivelled and falling, maybe we will have
to take it down...don't want to but don't know what else to do. Must
Google for help.

Bess
Old July 26th 11, 02:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_10_]

Ewww totully grose. yeUK. Mosey..hoo nao haz da kreepz.

On Jul 20, 10:27 am, "Gramby"

Old July 28th 11, 01:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
MLB[_4_]

On 07/25/2011 03:55 PM, rafflescat wrote:
On Jul 20, 4:48 am, wrote:
[...]

Caterpillars turn into butterflies or those big moths. Have you seen
any of those atround? MLB
Old July 28th 11, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

On Jul 20, 4:48 am, wrote:
[...]

and callipitterz turn intu flutterbyz, hab yu seen any ob doze?
Pit2nya

Strange dream ---MIKE--- Cat anecdotes 0 April 25th 09 03:58 PM
Strange! CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 4 August 16th 07 11:17 PM
Strange KittyLady Cat anecdotes 2 March 17th 05 12:32 AM
Is my cat strange? dusty Cat anecdotes 28 March 14th 05 12:41 PM