Opinions on litter?

Old November 23rd 08, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

Default Opinions on litter?

Richard Evans wrote:
"Janet" wrote:

Anyone know of a bargain litter that really works well?

Where do you buy your Fresh Step?

I get Fresh Step at BJ's for something like $14 for a 40# bucket. I'd
guess Sam's, Costco, or similar discount stores would be similar.

It costs a lot more than that at my BJ's. More like $13 for a 21# bucket.
They do have big bags that are significantly cheaper, I noticed today.

Old November 23rd 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Janet

Richard Evans wrote:

Yes, I misstated the problem, (I didn't get much sleep last night.)
but the answer is still right. Check your math. What's 14 divided by
4? You're off by a decimal point. Or were you making a joke on my
misstatement?

I feel as if I've wandered into an alternate math universe here. If Cybercat
buys 14lbs of cat litter at Target for $4, she is paying about 29 cents a
pound for it (I rounded up). So her 35 cent estimate was not far off, and
certainly not off by a decimal point!

All I want to know, Cybercat, is this: is this clumping litter, and does it
clump effectively like Fresh Step does?

Old November 23rd 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

"Janet" wrote:

Richard Evans wrote:

Yes, I misstated the problem, (I didn't get much sleep last night.)
but the answer is still right. Check your math. What's 14 divided by
4? You're off by a decimal point. Or were you making a joke on my
misstatement?

I feel as if I've wandered into an alternate math universe here. If Cybercat
buys 14lbs of cat litter at Target for $4, she is paying about 29 cents a
pound for it (I rounded up). So her 35 cent estimate was not far off, and
certainly not off by a decimal point!

You're right. I said I was sleep deprived.

Old November 23rd 08, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Janet" wrote :
All I want to know, Cybercat, is this: is this clumping litter, and does
it clump effectively like Fresh Step does?

It is clumping litter! No, it does not clump as hard as Fresh Step, but it
still does the job. What I love the best is this: my little asthmatic and
allergic (ESG complex) tabby has not had an asthma attack in two years, and
no longer gets lesions from the EGC. It has to be the perfume in the other,
more heavily scented litters that gets her, that is the only thing I have
changed.

I use a deep box and put in 28 lbs at a time. It lasts forever because her
waste never reaches the bottom of the box. She and Boo have separate boxes.
I scoop once or twice a day, and that $8 worth of litter lasts about a
month.

Old November 23rd 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
"Janet" wrote:

Richard Evans wrote:

Yes, I misstated the problem, (I didn't get much sleep last night.)
but the answer is still right. Check your math. What's 14 divided by
4? You're off by a decimal point. Or were you making a joke on my
misstatement?

I feel as if I've wandered into an alternate math universe here. If
Cybercat
buys 14lbs of cat litter at Target for $4, she is paying about 29 cents a
pound for it (I rounded up). So her 35 cent estimate was not far off, and
certainly not off by a decimal point!

You're right. I said I was sleep deprived.

No worries, Richard. I almost apologized for my "error" I am usually so
dense about math. This may be the first time I've been right about anything
involving numbers.

If you like Fresh Step or Tidy Cat you probably should get it. I like the
Target stuff because it has nearly zero dust, little scent, is cheap, and
still works. Can't beat it for me.

Old November 24th 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

Anyone know of a bargain litter that really works well?

I've tried a LOT of litters, from the cheaper brands to the more
"specialty" kinds (World's Best, Feline Pine). My favorite is
Everclean unscented. It clumps nicely, low dust, controls odor, and is
not scented. It's not the cheapest litter out there but a) the cats
like it and b) it works!

Old December 8th 08, 04:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

"Stan Brown" wrote

Target brand is cheaper and even less dusty. Great stuff. $4 for 14 lbs.

The only Target brand I know is Archer Farms for foods; I didn't know
they had one for litter. Does it actually say "Target" on it, or do
they use some brand name?

Hi Stan. Target is a store. Probably arent any where you are so you didnt
recognize it. Kinda like a Kmart sort of place. Decent prices for lots of
things, as well as lots of junk ;-)