purrfect height

Old March 11th 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

Default purrfect height

I just love coming home and seeing "Goofy" looking out the window waiting
for me.
The living room window is the purrfect height for him to do this.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps746eb55f.jpg

Old March 11th 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/11/2013 11:52 AM, Matt Ferrari wrote:
I just love coming home and seeing "Goofy" looking out the window waiting
for me.
The living room window is the purrfect height for him to do this.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps746eb55f.jpg

Sweet picture!

My last apartment in Tennessee I had a similar window in the front, in
my "office" (technically the 2nd bedroom). It was low to the ground,
yes, purrfect cat height. That window had horizontal mini-blinds which
I kept pulled up about 16 inches. It had a fairly wide sill on the
inside. Wide enough for Persia to sit on. She'd wait there watching
for me to come home from work. It's very sweet when they do that.

Jill
Old March 12th 13, 01:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Matt Ferrari wrote:

I just love coming home and seeing "Goofy" looking out the window waiting
for me.
The living room window is the purrfect height for him to do this.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps746eb55f.jpg

What a cute picture! He looks very anxious for you to get inside and attend
to his needs.

I often see Roxy sitting on the windowsill when I've just arrived home.
As I approach the house, she jumps down so she'll be right at the door as
I open it. Then she has to sniff my fingers, to get an idea of my exploits
of the day, no doubt.

Licky is also nearby, but he hangs back a bit. If he's feeling brave, he
lets me pet him briefly, and then runs behind the big overstuffed chair. If
he's more skittish, he just runs behind the chair.

--
Joyce

If your kid comes out of the bedroom and says he just shut down the
government, it seems to me he should at least have an outfit for that."
-- John Waters, on the sorry style of today's rebels

Old March 12th 13, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

That window had horizontal mini-blinds which I kept pulled up about
16 inches. It had a fairly wide sill on the inside. Wide enough for
Persia to sit on. She'd wait there watching for me to come home from
work. It's very sweet when they do that.

I miss that.
Sweep (RB) would be waiting on the bedroom window but would always be
downstairs in the hall by the time I opened the front door.
Sophie (RB) would wait on the same window ledge and as soon as the car
stopped on the drive, we would see her turn around and jump down to meet
us in the Hall.

Ishmael (RB) and Mingus (RB) both used to hear me coming down the street
and come out to meet me (they must have had very sharp hearing, as they
could meet me 100 yards down the road and they had to go out of the catflap
at the back of the house and round the building before they even got in
sight). I've never had another cat that did that. Ishmael's thing was to
follow me along the pavement, every so often flopping on his back in front
of me or in the gutter to have his belly rubbed, while Mingus used to be
wonderfully vocal, with a long conversation in meows and chirrups about
how his day had been as we walked up the street.

My Muriel (RB) was a flat cat when I lived in Glasgow, and she could
hear me coming up the stairs. She'd usually be sitting at attention
behind the front door with a film spool in her mouth, which she would
drop at my feet as a none-too-subtle hint that it was time to play
fetch.

Old March 12th 13, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/11/2013 6:04 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
[...]

Awww. I'm sorry you have to miss that. I'm glad you have the memories,
though.

Sootie.... well she just doesn't do it. We get in the house and sometimes
she'll be waiting but usually she'll make an appearance a few minutes
later. Sometimes she doesn't bother and after about ten minutes I go up to
her. She'll be on the bed or under the desk in the study and then she'll
come downstairs with me. That's just Sootie's way. On the other hand she
chirps every time we let her back indoors or when she meets us around the
house and when I put her food down. She's very polite.

As I said, I miss seeing them waiting to welcome us home.

Judith

As you say, Sootie has her own way

When Persia had that windowsill to sit on, she'd get down and greet me
by the front door. The woman in the apartment next door told me her
little boy *loved* seeing Persia sitting in that window.

Where we live now she can't watch for me The house doesn't have the
right kind of windows (no sills), nor are they in the right places.
Persia only knows when I've come home when she hears the automatic
garage door open.

This is fun, though: if I've been to the grocery store and she hears me
bringing in bags she'll meet me in the kitchen. "Hi, I see you're
home!" Her bright green eyes look at me with a question. "Anything for
me?" She seems happy even when it's only a bag of kitty litter

Jill

Old March 12th 13, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 10:52:17 -0500, "Matt Ferrari"
wrote:

I just love coming home and seeing "Goofy" looking out the window waiting
for me.
The living room window is the purrfect height for him to do this.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...ps746eb55f.jpg

Looks like Espy (rb). I miss him so much even though it's been six
months. In fact today is exactly six months since he died on 9/12.

I never know who will be looking out the first floor window or the
second floor window when I get home. Rarely Nipsy but a good chance of
Marlo or Scooter. If they're upstairs they come down and hide behind
the couch so I get surprised.
Old March 12th 13, 11:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I was out most of the day today. When I got home, I came upstairs to
the living room and both cats were sleeping in their usual spots. I
said "I'm home". They looked at me as if to say "you were gone?"

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Purrfect harmony Marina Cat anecdotes 25 April 6th 08 02:31 AM
Purrfect Solution whitershadeofpale Cat health & behaviour 1 July 12th 05 06:07 AM
Purrfect Solution whitershadeofpale Cat anecdotes 1 July 12th 05 06:07 AM
Tonight, Paw brought home the purrfect present... Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 0 June 18th 05 08:59 AM
Purrfect Creation Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 9 October 16th 04 11:34 PM