Catfood prices...

Old November 2nd 04, 06:48 AM
-L. :

Default Catfood prices...

....here (Portland, OR) have gone through the roof! Dog food as well.
I tried to buy some Nutro - $7.98 for a 3 lb bag - $2.66/lb. Freaking
ridiculous. Royal Canin was $9.88/3 lbs. I'm going to switch my cats
to Purina One if they will eat it - based on past experience they
probably won't. The Eukanuba dog foods I buy are running $20.99/15
lbs ON SALE - that's $4.00/lb more than I paid in the SF Bay area. I'm
totally blown away...and I understand why people resort to "grocery
store" brands. Sheesh.

-L.
Old November 2nd 04, 07:01 AM
Sherry

..here (Portland, OR) have gone through the roof! Dog food as well.
I tried to buy some Nutro - $7.98 for a 3 lb bag - $2.66/lb. Freaking
ridiculous. Royal Canin was $9.88/3 lbs. I'm going to switch my cats
to Purina One if they will eat it - based on past experience they
probably won't. The Eukanuba dog foods I buy are running $20.99/15
lbs ON SALE - that's $4.00/lb more than I paid in the SF Bay area. I'm
totally blown away...and I understand why people resort to "grocery
store" brands. Sheesh.

-L.

I always substitute Purina ONe for Bootsie --we have to make a trip into the
city for "premium food" and sometimes run out. She likes it and does well on
it--that is, there's no sign of digestive upset and the litterbox isn't stinky.
She also likes Pro Plan and Nutro. Purina One is around $5-6 for a 5 lb. bag,
and Pro Plan is around $7.99 for the 4-lb. plastic jug. She's pretty picky.
Sherry

Old November 2nd 04, 01:47 PM
B. Peg

I mentioned it (i.e. high costs) to the worker at the pet store and he said
the fuel prices have driven up the costs of pet food. He hears people
complaining everyday about it. Around here, people food prices have risen
too.

That always seems to be the answer..... (

B~

Old November 2nd 04, 02:44 PM

Lyn wrote:
snip complaint about prices and plan to feed grocery store food to save
money

I don't see what the big deal is. It still cost considerably less to
feed a pet than it does to feed people, and considering a change to
lousy food just to save a few dollars is nonsensical. You're also not
making wise buying choices if you buy small bags of food as they are
always more expensive than larger sizes. You're also not taking into
consideration the fact that feeding your cats worse crap will result in
them having to eat more food to get the same benefit, so there is no
real savings in the end.

I would not sacrifice my cats when I could make adjustments in my
lifestyle and skimp where I could to make sure they get decent food, but
that's just me.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old November 3rd 04, 07:54 PM
Rene

A way I think about it is, if you feed better food, your cat will be
healthier and have less trips to the vet (for URIs, skin problems,
whatever). It can cost $100 per vet trip--that's 3.5 cases of food for
me.

Rene