Play in indoor cats

Old February 10th 05, 02:42 PM

Default Play in indoor cats

Can anyone help me......
I've had my 4 year old indoor cat for 8 months now and she is a
healthy, happy cat. However, when i first got her she loved to play
and would chase anything. She now just sits looking at me as if I'm mad
when I try to play with her. Have I tried to hard with her and scared
her or do they go through phases??
Any advise on how to get her playing again would be much appreciated.

Old February 10th 05, 04:21 PM
Karen

Have you tried "Cat Dancer" and/or "Da Bird". My one cat is like this. And
she really wants to play too, but doesn't like to play in front of the other
cats. She does get zoomies when the weather is crisp and I open the deck
door for air. She is much less prone to want to play during hot weather. I
do wonder at the sudden change of attitude. Has she seen a vet?

oups.com...

Old February 10th 05, 04:36 PM
Barb

First off, you haven't said you've had her at the vet for a check up and see
what the vet thinks about this. Four years old seems kind of young to stop
playing. The cats love those interactive toys on a string that you can't
leave them alone with because they can get caught up in them. Some people
play with a laser light in the wall with their cats.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old February 10th 05, 05:41 PM
Mary

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone help me......
I've had my 4 year old indoor cat for 8 months now and she is a
healthy, happy cat. However, when i first got her she loved to play
and would chase anything. She now just sits looking at me as if I'm mad
when I try to play with her. Have I tried to hard with her and scared
her or do they go through phases??
Any advise on how to get her playing again would be much appreciated.

She is just being a cat. Persnickety and quixotic. The same toy
that drives my cat nuts one day is looked at with boredom
the next. Get her a variety of toys, and realize that there are
times when she just does not want to play.

Old February 11th 05, 12:39 AM
.oO rach Oo.

New or challenging toys. Play with her. Each time we go to the pet store for
cat food, my husband tries to cover my eyes so I won't see the new toys but
of course that isn't about to work. Our cats may be a bit over indulged with
toys but they enjoy them. There are the usual balls and crinkle toys and
love their mice but turbo chasers, turbo chasers with balls inside the
middle and mice on the top... it all adds to their day of play.

Try different things and see what they like. Laser pointers (kept away from
eyes) are great too.

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old February 11th 05, 01:34 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-11, .oO rach Oo. penned:
Each time we go to the pet store for cat food, my husband tries to
cover my eyes so I won't see the new toys but of course that isn't
about to work.

What is up with that? My husband is also ... less than enthused about the
fact that I buy a toy every time I go to the pet store.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old February 11th 05, 03:51 AM
.oO rach Oo.

The night we got the cats from the shelter, he gave me $100 to go get their
litter boxes, food etc. I spent $250 and he was never the wiser...well until
I let slip a while later. He loves the cats to bits but he thinks the cats
are spoiled.

The cats are our kids - the best kind... they don't talk back, no college to
pay, no boyfriends to worry about, no clothes to buy... so what's wrong with
a little treat now and then?

--
..oO rach Oo.