urinary tract infection?

Old January 22nd 05, 11:02 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Cheryl" wrote in message
On Sat 22 Jan 2005 03:56:54p, Jean B. wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

Really, though, I caught this very early. He was partially
blocked. It could have been much worse. (Now, we need the
reports on the cause....) Just pray Mingy is not too, too freaked
out while he is at the Veterinarian Hospital.

I'm very glad that you did catch it early! Good job on your part!
We're going to send prayers and purrs that Mingy is just fine at the
vet hospital until you get to bring him home. Hopefully you don't get
as much snow as they are calling for. I'm in Maryland and it's
already stopped here. It moved very quickly out, and we ended up with
only about 6".

In the NE, a new low pressure system is going to form just off the coast,
which will ramp the storm up... It's wild & woolly out there now. I did
needed errands this morning, & don't plan on going anywhere till afternoon
tomorrow. Still, I think the most we're supposed to get is 8 -12". Not a
big deal - it's the wind that's the bigger problem.

Cathy

Old January 22nd 05, 11:22 PM
Cheryl

On Sat 22 Jan 2005 05:02:48p, Cathy Friedmann wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

In the NE, a new low pressure system is going to form just off
the coast, which will ramp the storm up... It's wild & woolly
out there now. I did needed errands this morning, & don't plan
on going anywhere till afternoon tomorrow. Still, I think the
most we're supposed to get is 8 -12". Not a big deal - it's the
wind that's the bigger problem.

They were talking about that low all week! We seem to be spared of
it, but the radar shows a very big curve, so I hope it doesn't loop
back around again. I went to the grocery store last night after work,
and it was just insane! Then on the radio they were talking about
making toilet paper sandwiches, and which brands were good to dip in
milk... hehehe (we don't get the major storms here that you guys
usually do!)

--
Cheryl
Old January 22nd 05, 11:42 PM
Jean B.

Cat Protector wrote:

It makes me glad I live in the Phoenix area and don't have to face this. I
hope Mingy gets better.

Just a bad coincidence that he landed in the hospital when the
blizzard was on its way. I do hope that, one way or another, I
have him back here tomorrow night.

--
Jean B.
Old January 22nd 05, 11:43 PM
Jean B.

Cheryl wrote:

Oh, you might get more than 6". lol But, it looks like NYC might get
hammered and the storm go out to sea from there. Stay safe and
warm!!

--
Cheryl

I guess it will be what it will be. I have no control over that.
At least Mingy is safe too. (And I asked about the staff during
the storm too!)
--
Jean B.
Old January 22nd 05, 11:45 PM
Arjun Ray

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:41:11 -0600, Cheryl wrote:

Oh, you might get more than 6". lol But, it looks like NYC might get
hammered and the storm go out to sea from there. Stay safe and warm!!

We are indeed getting hammered in NYC. Casual empiricism through the
window...looks like at least 4-5" already, no signs of letting up. The
forecast said something about high winds too, but that hasn't happened yet.
Old January 22nd 05, 11:53 PM
Jean B.

Karen Chuplis wrote:

Well, remember to use good judgement. Mingy wants a LIVE meowmie not one
stuck in a snow bank.

Yeah, I would have turned around if it was bad. I hate driving in
the snow.
--
Jean B.
Old January 22nd 05, 11:54 PM
KellyH

"Jean B." wrote in message ...
I am in the Boston area--one or two feet of snow, with up to
six-foot drifts predicted. The worst thing about this is I may
not be able to retrieve Mingy tomorrow, assuming he is ready to
come home in the afternoon. I am so upset about his having to
stay, because he is very shy and is scared of other cats. I think
when the doctor calls (soon--which is why I didn't go back out
while I could), I may suggest they cover his cage a bit so he can
feel safer....
--

Hello Jean. I'm also in the Boston area and the forecast keeps getting
worse and worse. I'm north of Boston and at first we were only 8-12", but

B.

Old January 22nd 05, 11:54 PM
Jean B.

Cathy Friedmann wrote:

In the NE, a new low pressure system is going to form just off the coast,
which will ramp the storm up... It's wild & woolly out there now. I did
needed errands this morning, & don't plan on going anywhere till afternoon
tomorrow. Still, I think the most we're supposed to get is 8 -12". Not a
big deal - it's the wind that's the bigger problem.

Cathy

Here, the alert (or whatever) is until 6 tomorrow night (unless
they have changed that again). It sounds like shoveling will be
brutal--with all that wind. I hope my friend gets dug out if I
can bring Mingy home.
--
Jean B.