The Missing

Old March 19th 14, 08:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matsav

Default The Missing

"Joy" wrote in message

... On my first trip to England, an Englishman taught me an easy way to
convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in my head. Double the Celsius figure,
subtract 10% and add 32. In other words, take 44 C, double it (88),
subtract 10% (88 - 9 = 79, add 32 (79 + 32 = 111.

If you want to be more precise, the algebraic formulae for conversions are

C = (5/9)*(F-32)

and

F = (9*C/5)+32

--
MatSav

Old March 19th 14, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 3/19/2014 3:11 AM, Matsav wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message

... On my first trip to England, an Englishman taught me an easy way to
convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in my head. Double the Celsius figure,
subtract 10% and add 32. In other words, take 44 C, double it (88),
subtract 10% (88 - 9 = 79, add 32 (79 + 32 = 111.

If you want to be more precise, the algebraic formulae for conversions are

C = (5/9)*(F-32)

and

F = (9*C/5)+32

I'm too old to be that precise.

Jill
Old March 25th 14, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Matsav wrote:

"Joy" wrote in message

... On my first trip to England, an Englishman taught me an easy way to
convert Celsius to Fahrenheit in my head. Double the Celsius figure,
subtract 10% and add 32. In other words, take 44 C, double it (88),
subtract 10% (88 - 9 = 79, add 32 (79 + 32 = 111.

If you want to be more precise, the algebraic formulae for conversions are

C = (5/9)*(F-32)

and

F = (9*C/5)+32

Doubling and then subtracting 10% is the same as multiplying by 9, but
is simpler to do in one's head.

When all I care about is a ballpark figure, I just double it and add 32.
For low temps, it's not too far off. Doesn't work for fevers, though.

--
Joyce

God's original plan was to hang out in a garden with some naked
vegetarians.
-- Seen on a wall poster
Old March 25th 14, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Kyla=^..^=" wrote in message ...

"Joy" wrote in message ...

On 3/17/2014 8:59 PM, Kyla=^..^= wrote:

"Mishi" wrote in message

On Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:50:15 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
Someone else asked after Tweed not posting for a while, but I didn't see

an answer. Has anyone heard from MLB (Marie)? I also wonder about

Hopitus who has been MIA for quite a long time. Anyone know?

Jill

Hopitus is fine - she is active on FB. Haven't heard from MLB - I am
worried.
Does anyone have her address?

Hi Mishi & Jill, and EVERYONE else.
I hope you don't mind me dropping by to say a 'friendly' hello after a
3 or more year absence. .
I'm NOT active on FB.
I do have MLB's e mail address, but I'm NOT going to post it online here
or anywhere.
I'll send her an e mail and see if she is OK. I hope she is, she is SO
sweet.

I'm sorry to hear about Tweed having surgery AGAIN
The last thing I heard about her was Purrs for Boyfie on RPCC and IIRC,
isn't Boyfie Tweed's cat?
Tweed is a very nice woman who has been through a LOT
Seems Boyfie got injured badly, somehow, but is OK now thank goodness
and the purring of the cats on RPCC .

Our 4 cats , Mosey, PookyCat, Sqweex and Pipps are all fine, and so is
my Mister of 37&/1/2 years. .
Poor Mosey, who is 11 and 1/2 years old had his last fang removed and 4
more teeth as well, and we got charged an arm and both my crappy knees
and now I'm now
pondering a metal knee replacement recall .
EGAD/SBOSH(Scottish) I've heard how bad the metal can be and I do NOT
want to get my knees replaced AGAIN!
I won't pay a blasted thing IF they do get replaced!
I'll be 69 years old next month. Well, there are lawyers/to the Brits,
'solicitor's ' but I have NO clue if my statue of limitations on that
has run out since I had them replaced in 2001. I'll have to make some
phone calls and see what's up with that.
Sure would be nice to get a LARGE settlement, since the crappy
orthopedist lied and so forth.
Life can be SO weird sometimes, but then again, I realize and acknowledge
that there are those MUCH worse off than I am. So instead of
complaining, I count my blessings.
I just spent about 20 minutes deleting ALL the political crap off here.
I've been reading (the late) Lilian Jackson Braun The Cat Who....Books,
over and over and also those by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown
(her cat) Great books, all of them.
We've been having a rather mild Spring, and only got about 3 inches of
snow this past winter.
I feel SO bad for those are who are living in the artic vortex Geez!
I keep in touch by e mail with some of these really nice folks from
here, there and everywhere , and they are suffering.
In Australia, the temps are in the triple digits Celsius

I think you mean Fahrenheit. 100 degrees Celsius would be 212 F.

Joy

You're right, Joy, but I have an e mail friend in Australia, who tells me
it is 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
They the UK and other places like Canada, go by Celsius, which my computer
won't convert to
Too hot for me. The temperature at 10 am PDT near Seattle is 43 degrees
Fahrenheit.
Kyla

I wish you all well, and I send loving blanket purrs and prayers for
those who want them
Take care,
Kyla

~~~~~~~~
Yes, you can convert Celcius to Fahrenheit (or the reverse) on your
computer. Go to the Internet, type in whichever direction you want to
convert, and it will give you a number of locations where this can easily be
done. There is even a table available that already lists a large number of
conversions. Likewise, you can do the same thing for grams to pounds,
metric to inches, etc.

MaryL