Ham is our friend

Old June 16th 06, 01:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Ham is our friend

Singh wrote:

I am sequestering myself in the computer room with La Madame and a nice
can of H*m flavored cat food.

May I ask why "h*m" is spoilered? (Enfilade did it, too.) Are we not
wanting to offend any pig readers?

Joyce

Old June 16th 06, 04:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

I am sequestering myself in the computer room with La Madame and a nice
can of H*m flavored cat food. She's eating quite nicely, Bast be
praised. First time in days I've seen her get at anything with any kind
of real gusto.

I hate having to separate Roxie, but she's better about it if at least
one of her devoted slaves sits with her. The Juvies always want to nose
in on her dish at chow time, as if everyone gets something different and
they want to compare. I think maybe she remembers being bullied au chez
cat-collector, and it's too unpleasant to her, so she wants to go hide.
She's had a few good healthy mouthfuls of h*m chow, never finishes
anything in one sitting, but I'm just glad she's getting something in
her.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 16th 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Because I don't trust Roxie. She's too smart. I expect she will shortly learn
to read and will be able to peek over my shoulder, or down at the screen from
the monitor where she likes to sit. If we actually say the H-word she comes
running, meowing like hell, demanding it and getting pricky if we don't
produce some Deli Pig.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 16th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Singh wrote:
I am sequestering myself in the computer room with La Madame and a
nice can of H*m flavored cat food. She's eating quite nicely, Bast be
praised. First time in days I've seen her get at anything with any
kind of real gusto.

Why is it Persia never liked ham? Or tuna for that matter? She's a strange
cat. She does love cheese, but unfortunately I can't offer it to her
because of her prescription diet. I do sneak her the occasional bit of pan
fried or grilled fish but she really shouldn't eat treats. I sure don't
want to have her go through another bladder surgery. So as much as she
might want treats, I just have to say "No".

Jill

Old June 16th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Singh" wrote in message
I am sequestering myself in the computer room with La Madame and a nice
can of H*m flavored cat food. She's eating quite nicely, Bast be
praised. First time in days I've seen her get at anything with any kind
of real gusto.

Waffles will kill for ham. She loves her slivers of ham from Meowmie :-)

Cheers, helen s

Old June 16th 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Miss Roxie was being persnickety about her dental chow until Louie bought
some H*m from the deli and chopped it up good and fine into her dish. She has
been acting quite the princess since her operation? Good God, I'm at work;
why am I censoring Deli Pig?

Blessed be,
Baha

Old June 17th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

And my boy Smokey thinks he has some kind of divine right of h*m and
will not allow us to consume any unless he samples it first. And he
can scream loud enough to be heard down the building's corridor, too.

There hasn't been any in the house for weeks because DP is away doing
pediatric medicine in Charlottetown and 1. I don't eat sandwiches and
2. I'm not going to make a whole dinner h*m just for myself. So I do
/not/ want to get smokey started on h*m until DP comes home.

--Fil