we have a new freind

Old December 12th 06, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

Default we have a new freind

there was a knock at the front door last night, so I got up & to answer
it,looked through the glass @ the top & thought to myself,I bet it is
kids playing about again.I answered it just in case it was someone who
was walking away.I looked down & there he was.....a splendid ginger
handsom middle aged fellow.He purred at me,gave me a few leg rubs &
looked at the food bowl with reproach ,then back at me again.I asked
him to wait @ the door....but he didn't agree that it might be a good
idea, & followed me straight through to the kitchen,helped himself the
other moggie's bowls,then ran into the living room & climbed on to the
softest chair he could find & currled- up & snorred the night away!!He
stayed there all night,then this morning he popped out for a morning
stroll,&knocked at the ltter box to be re admitted again.This is not
the first time we have seen him;he has been visiting for some time
now(but Is our first feline friend that knows how to knock on the door
though!)~It now appears he would like to move in.How could I say no to
him?Looks like we have yet another lodger again)
S.

Old December 12th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 16:40:20 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

[...]

Not only can he knock, he has great timing! Seems like you needed a new
lodger to fill that empty space.

--
Lynne
Old December 12th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

wrote:

[...]

Oh Lynne, you wouldn't believe what a cuddlesome gentle-Puss he is)He
was made to sit in that chair & has the most impeccable manners too,
right down to wipping his feet on the mat as he walks in.I think we are
going to get along just fine.We need a trip to to the vets though as he
appears to have a few broken toe's.I also think he had a nasty dose of
worms so I have just used some stronghold on him.Can you reccomend
anything better for future refference please?Many thanks.
S.(I tried to add a link for you to see him, but I am new to Pc's & not
sure I did the right thing?)

Old December 12th 06, 05:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:11:58 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

Oh Lynne, you wouldn't believe what a cuddlesome gentle-Puss he is)He
was made to sit in that chair & has the most impeccable manners too,
right down to wipping his feet on the mat as he walks in.I think we are
going to get along just fine.We need a trip to to the vets though as he
appears to have a few broken toe's.I also think he had a nasty dose of
worms so I have just used some stronghold on him.Can you reccomend
anything better for future refference please?Many thanks.
S.(I tried to add a link for you to see him, but I am new to Pc's & not
sure I did the right thing?)

I saw the photo in your other post. He's beautiful! I noticed the broken
looking toes, too, poor fella. Someone with more vet experience will need
to comment on dewormers. I know that, at least here in the US, there are
different wormers for different types of worms. My ginger boy, Rudy, had
round worms, hook worms AND tape worms when he first came here (a feral
from the woods). The hook worms were particularly hard to get rid of and
now I give him Interceptor monthly just to keep him from getting infested
again ever. (I give this to all my animals.)

I was going to ask if you think he might be someone's pet, but with the
worms and broken toes, it sounds like he has been very neglected and needs
a loving home. Now you need to think of a name for him!

--
Lynne
Old December 12th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
Just someone's cat that wanders?

Old December 12th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:16:21 GMT, Lynne
wrote:

Now you need to think of a name for him!

Oooh, I have to suggest Ringo, given your recent adventure with ring worm.
;-)

--
Lynne
Old December 12th 06, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
Just someone's cat that wanders

cybercat wrote

I don't think so.He has been visiting us for around 3months now.I have
asked about him in the area & a lady two streets ago seems to think
that he belonged to a fellow who died in her street at around the same
time.This is the first time that he has actually knocked on the door to
be let in.I think I will post a photo of him all the same @ the vet
surgery to ensure that he doesn't though, as I am certain that I would
be devastated if anyone started feeding him if her belonged to me.(he
is just so handsome isn't he lol?)It looks as though his toes have been
broken for some time too.I am not sure what the vet can do for him.I
just want to make sure that he is in no pain though.As I type he sits
at my fet wipping his face all over my shoe's.I guess he likes a
portable scent emitter lol?!
S.

oups.com...

Old December 12th 06, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
sheelagh

wrote:

Now you need to think of a name for him!

Oooh, I have to suggest Ringo, given your recent adventure with ring worm.
;-)

--
Lynne

Ringo sounds excellent, and he is a star too, so I think you have just
named him lol!)
S.

Old December 12th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"sheelagh" wrote in message
oups.com...

cybercat wrote:
I love ginger boys, I really want one one day. Does he look healthy?
Just someone's cat that wanders

I don't think so.He has been visiting us for around 3months now.I have
asked about him in the area & a lady two streets ago seems to think
that he belonged to a fellow who died in her street at around the same
time.

Aww, poor boy.

This is the first time that he has actually knocked on the door to
be let in.

How did he knock? With his hard little head?

I think I will post a photo of him all the same @ the vet
surgery to ensure that he doesn't though, as I am certain that I would
be devastated if anyone started feeding him if her belonged to me.(he
is just so handsome isn't he lol?)It looks as though his toes have been
broken for some time too.I am not sure what the vet can do for him.I
just want to make sure that he is in no pain though.

My God, his toes are broken?? Oh no. I'm so glad you're taking him
to get looked at. People who claim not to be able to afford vet care
don't seem to realize that many of us who take our cats in are not
rolling in money. I could have used the $70 it took for the vet to look
at Gracie and listen to her breathing and heart and give her a depo
shot for groceries or bills. But I love her, and will find it elsewhere.
It is not about can't in most cases, it is about WON'T. I think cats
deserve better than that.

As I type he sits
at my fet wipping his face all over my shoe's.I guess he likes a
portable scent emitter lol?!
S.

Cats are so funny about shoes. Every take a pair of leather shoes off
after a long day and see a cat bliss out on them? lol

Old December 12th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lynne

on Tue, 12 Dec 2006 17:54:50 GMT, "sheelagh"
wrote:

Ringo sounds excellent, and he is a star too, so I think you have just
named him lol!)

That would be so cool if you go with Ringo! Haha.

The Paul McCartney song "Let 'Em In" started running through my head when I
saw the pic of the kitty at the door, but Paul isn't a very good name for a
kitty, so I thought of another Beatle!

Someone's knockin' at the door
Somebody's ringin' the bell
Someone's knockin' at the door