Purrs for Sammy Please!

Old July 26th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default Purrs for Sammy Please!

I'm so sick about this - I can't stop kicking myself, I should have caught
this *SO* much sooner!

I saw that Sammy had thrown up a prodigious amount in the garage when I woke
up this morning. As has been said in other posts, Sammy has been living
under my bed for almost 5 weeks now. When I tried getting her out from
under the bed (by moving it!!) I saw that not only had she thrown up in a
number of other spots, but there was liquid feces spotted about on the
carpet. I thought it might be a combination of impacted anal glands (which
she's had once before) and hairballs since she has been shedding so much
lately.

We just got back from the vet and it's not impacted anal glands, she has
diarrhea. Her coat is dull and hair is just falling off in clumps, she had
lost .5* pounds from only 15 days ago (the last time she saw the vet), she's
a bit dehydrated, and she is running a temperature of 102.4F! The vet took
a fecal sample (and shaved her butt to remove all the feces) and didn't see
anything. She said all of those symptoms could be caused by stress.

I can't believe that I did not catch this sooner!

*This is *WAY* too much weight for a cat to lose in such a short time.

Please send some purrs Sammy's way, she needs them with such a horrible,
neglectful mommy!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 26th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Get-well-quick purrs for Sammy on the way. And for her Mama too, to stop
kicking her own butt and just be there to love and help heal her little baby.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old July 26th 07, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

aw, poor Sammy. Hope the diarrhea clears up soon now
that the stress is gone. Purrs and prayers from us coming
her way.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old July 26th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for Sammy, and for you. You've beat yourself up enough.

BTW, 102.4 isn't *that* high a fever for a cat. I think their normal is
101.5, IIRC. It's still of concern, but not as much as that temp would be
in a human.

--
Joy

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never
forgotten this.

Old July 26th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jul 25, 7:13 pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

I think she will be ok and everyone here is purring for her. It all
sounds like stress and your TED will probably have some good advice
for her care.

Will in New Haven

--

"Almost cut my hair It happened just the other day
It's gettin kinda long I coulda said it was in my way

Old July 26th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

CatNipped wrote:
Please send some purrs Sammy's way, she needs them with such a horrible,
neglectful mommy!

Lots of purrs on the way. But if she hasn't been eating well in the past
5 weeks, 1/2 lb is not too much weight to lose.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 26th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

Old July 26th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped

Default Purrs for Sammy Please! - Mini Update

Well, like with Bandit, I can tell Sammy's feeling better - she bit me and
made me bleed! ; If nothing else, getting all that dried feces off her
butt has got to have made her feel somewhat better (we all know how
fastidious cats are and it was *WAY* too much for her to clean off herself).

As an added security blanket, I brought in a litterbox from the garage and
closed my bedroom door - that leave a door, stairs, great room, a hall, and
another closed door between her and Tayla - so she's out from under the bed
now.

Thank you so much, and please keep any spare purrs coming our way.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 26th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:13:55 -0500, "CatNipped"
wrote:

[...]

Many purrs for poor Sammy to realise that she's safe now and to feel
better... if anything, this confirms that you made the right choice to
give Tayla back to the shelter - you weren't just imagining that Sammy
was stressing out, she was getting physically ill from it.
Old July 26th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

CatNipped wrote:
I saw that Sammy had thrown up a prodigious amount in the garage
We just got back from the vet and it's not impacted anal glands, she
has diarrhea. Her coat is dull and hair is just falling off in
clumps, she had lost .5* pounds from only 15 days ago (the last time
she saw the vet), she's a bit dehydrated, and she is running a
temperature of 102.4F! The vet took a fecal sample (and shaved her
butt to remove all the feces) and didn't see anything. She said all
of those symptoms could be caused by stress.

Please send some purrs Sammy's way, she needs them with such a
horrible, neglectful mommy!

Purrs on the way for Sammy and for your nerves. Don't beat yourself up.
Sammy's been hiding from you so how were you to know?

Jill

Sammy? Where Are You? ChildFree23 Cat community 3 October 11th 06 02:02 PM
Sammy? ChildFree23 Cat community 13 October 8th 04 11:45 PM
Thanks for all the purrs for Sammy Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 6 October 2nd 04 06:12 PM
Purrs for Sammy, Please CatNipped Cat anecdotes 87 August 18th 04 07:57 PM
Purrs for Sammy, Please P.S. CatNipped Cat anecdotes 51 August 16th 04 08:32 AM