Fisticuffs

Old November 15th 04, 09:29 PM
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I don't think we can get Feliway in England. I never heard of it before
except on this group. The situation seems to have calmed down. Boyfriend
is now sleeping on the sort-of-sheepskin in front of the kitchen fire,
Kitty is on the rug, also asleep within a few feet of him.
Let's hope they've made up. Kitty is just so grumpy! Very old girl. I
guess I have to excuse her. Such a shame BF has to suffer from her
temper. He is such a nice cat. He is mild and gentle and a bit shy. Kitty
gets cross with him sometimes, no apparent reason. Sometimes she is so
horrible to him that he's scared to come into the house for his food. I
told her off on many occasions for this.

She is *so* tiny. Not even half his size, Poor BF (twice her size and
more) is scared of her. Whatever she says, he does.
She's a bad, fierce kitty. I'm not sure that finding the new kitty in her
garden made a difference. It's possible, of course. She would certainly
have seen him/her in her garden
I'm not sure that's an excuse to beat Boyfriend up. He had nothing to do
with it.
He could not understand why she did it. "Why are you attacking me when
I've done nothing bad?"
Poor BF. He'll need to learn that Kitty FC has a nasty temper, she doesn't
need an excuse.
It's such a shame. He is just so gentle and kind, and she is a terrorist.

Tweed

You know this kind of behavior is pretty common in the animal kingdom. Or
among humans for that matter. Boyfriend is just henpecked. And probably
not as unhappy with the situation as you might think.

Still smile when I remember the pair of parakeets we used to have. Misty
and Star. Misty would do anything to try to keep Star happy. He fed her
and groomed her and talked to her. And usually got his feathers yanked out
for his trouble.

Jo

Old November 16th 04, 12:14 PM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
in article , Christina Websell at
wrote on 11/14/04 2:48 PM:

Every Sunday I go out for a few hours to have a meal with my
family. I leave the back door open and the kitchen fire on so the
two cats can come and go as they please.

Kitty is beating up Boyfriend tonight. She keeps running after
him, and cuffing him. He tried to hide, but she found him and gave
him another slap.
He peeped from behind the footstool to see if she was waiting for
him on the
other side - she was. He jumped up on my lap, off my shoulder and
hid behind my chair. She found him and slapped him again. At one
point they were in the kitchen yowling and growling at each other.
Well, I don't know
what that's about. Any ideas?

Kitty seems to be the instigator of the violence. Could be
jealousy I suppose. She lived in the garden for 7 years, and this
home was hard-won for her. Maybe she doesn't want to share. She's
so grumpy! Don't groom me, don't clip my claws. Stroke me only
when I want it, or you will bleed.
In fact, just let me do exactly what I want and we won't fall out...
She is one tough Kitty FC.. Kitty Fierce Character today.
At the moment, a truce. Kitty is on the sofa, here in the room
with me, cuddled up on a cushion, and poor Boyfriend is banished to
the kitchen. He
banished himself. Wise cat.

Tweed
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/Tweed/

I wonder if that New Kitty in the neighborhood is making her do this.
Sometimes when new cat shows up, a cat will express its displeasure
on a companion cat with displaced agression. Poor Boyfriend. You
could pick up some Feliway spray and see if spritzing it around the
house, especially the
doorways would calm her down.

[...]

Feliway is available from vets in England. For more information contact:

CEVA Animal Health Ltd.
90 The Broadway,
CHESHAM,
Bucks.
HP5 1EG

Tel: 01494 781510

www.feliway.uk.com

I hope this is usefull, I been thinking of getting a refill for the
diffuser I have, as Snoopy behaves the same way towards Baggy at times.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 16th 04, 09:45 PM
Christina Websell

wrote on 11/14/04 2:48 PM:

[...]

Thank you, I looked at the link someone else kindly sent too. There is no
big pet store around here, so I'll give them a phone call or an email. I
doubt they'd want to sell me just one spray or diffuser, but they might
point me in the direction of the nearest outlet to me.
Kitty doesn't beat BF on a regular basis, but often enough to concern me. I
don't think he likes it. Now and again he will turn and bat her back, but
not often, he's too nice.

There is no reason at all why they should fall out, there is plenty of room
for both of them. At the moment, Kitty is meatloafing on my chair in the
lounge, and BF is asleep - a little bit upside downy head! melt - in
front of the kitchen fire.

Spoke too soon. Kitty has got up and gone into the kitchen to check out
what BF is doing. She has sat on the mat very close to him (the cat sat on
the mat!!) and is glaring at him. Fortunately he is so fast asleep he hasn't
noticed. I have known her to box his ears to wake him up in this
situation. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful night.

Tweed

Old November 17th 04, 03:31 AM
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

Thank you, I looked at the link someone else kindly sent too. There is no
big pet store around here, so I'll give them a phone call or an email. I
doubt they'd want to sell me just one spray or diffuser, but they might
point me in the direction of the nearest outlet to me.

I bought mine from my vet's office. They carry some meds and special
food. You might ask if your vet has Feliway.

Spoke too soon. Kitty has got up and gone into the kitchen to check out
what BF is doing. She has sat on the mat very close to him (the cat sat on
the mat!!) and is glaring at him. Fortunately he is so fast asleep he hasn't
noticed. I have known her to box his ears to wake him up in this
situation. Keep your fingers crossed for a peaceful night.

I hope the worst didn't happen. Wouldn't it be lovely if she had just
curled up next to him?

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 18th 04, 11:40 AM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

The Fedliway diffuser I have was ordered from the vet, it cost me £18.72
in April 2002, the refills obviously should be less.