St. Paddy's Day: Don't Forget

Old March 17th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default St. Paddy's Day: Don't Forget

It's St. Patrick's Day, so I will pass on to all of you my dear Irish
grandmother's strict admonition for the day:

"Don't forget to go to City Hall to get your @$$ painted green."

When I was younger, I used to imagine this as a rather solemn civic
event, with lines going round the corners into City Hall (sort of like
the line always outside the Vatican ), with people emerging with
happy faces because they had received their green @$$es.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 17th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, Kreisleriana penned:

It's St. Patrick's Day, so I will pass on to all of you my dear
Irish grandmother's strict admonition for the day:

"Don't forget to go to City Hall to get your @$$ painted green."

Oops. I forgot completely. Not wearing a stitch of green.

Maybe I can carry around a 7UP can or something ...

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 17th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 09:27:08 -0700, "Monique Y. Mudama"
yodeled:

On 2006-03-17, Kreisleriana penned:

It's St. Patrick's Day, so I will pass on to all of you my dear
Irish grandmother's strict admonition for the day:

"Don't forget to go to City Hall to get your @$$ painted green."

Oops. I forgot completely. Not wearing a stitch of green.

Maybe I can carry around a 7UP can or something ..

Oooh, you're gonna get pinched!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 18th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 18 Mar 2006 02:29:16 GMT, Cheryl Sellner
yodeled:

On Fri 17 Mar 2006 07:15:18p, Bill Stock wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes ):

May you be safely in heaven before the devil finds out your dead.

My Irish grandmother had this on a tapestry on her wall. When I was
very young I always thought it was curious.

And of course St Paddy's Day is Shamrock's anniversary with me. Hard
to believe it's been 4 years.

Shamrock! Dude! Happy Pattiversary!

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 18th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Old March 18th 06, 09:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-03-17, Kreisleriana penned:

It's St. Patrick's Day, so I will pass on to all of you my dear
Irish grandmother's strict admonition for the day:

"Don't forget to go to City Hall to get your @$$ painted green."

Oops. I forgot completely. Not wearing a stitch of green.

Maybe I can carry around a 7UP can or something ..

Oooh, you're gonna get pinched!

Theresa

Megan Mullally from 'Will & Grace' was on The Tonight Show last night and
she was wearing black. Jay Leno commented she should be pinched and she
said "pinch me wherever you want!" and stood up! He pinched her on the ass
Can't believe she's 48 years old (and not afraid to admit it; I'm proud
of her). She looks fantastic.

Jill

Old March 19th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 15:12:26 -0600, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

On 2006-03-17, Kreisleriana penned:

It's St. Patrick's Day, so I will pass on to all of you my dear
Irish grandmother's strict admonition for the day:

"Don't forget to go to City Hall to get your @$$ painted green."

Oops. I forgot completely. Not wearing a stitch of green.

Maybe I can carry around a 7UP can or something ..

Oooh, you're gonna get pinched!

Theresa

Megan Mullally from 'Will & Grace' was on The Tonight Show last night and
she was wearing black. Jay Leno commented she should be pinched and she
said "pinch me wherever you want!" and stood up! He pinched her on the ass

Which we can only hope was painted green.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old March 19th 06, 03:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Cheryl Sellner wrote:

And of course St Paddy's Day is Shamrock's anniversary with me. Hard
to believe it's been 4 years.

St. Paddy's is also Will and Heidi's anniversary with me, and
it's been three years. Will got extra treats (not green, alas)
and cuddles, and Heidi got extra brushing because she won't eat
any treats.

--

Wayne M
(indulged by Will and Heidi)