Can computers smell... how will..

Old April 24th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Barry

Default Can computers smell... how will..

this revolutionize the way we interact with one another, LOL

think I'm joking? oh no... it's weelll under-way.. computers being
able to smell.
It's no joke. I'm using the wrong terminology. I watched a doc on the
subj.

The immediate application is for sampling perfumes and foods and stuff
on the internet.

I suppose any new participant in this technology would arm their
computer with a scent bank
in the same way a computer is armed with a wave table (is used to
generate sound).

but to smell? hell! you could track down a criminal with "ZOT THE
SNIFFING ROBOT"

who knows

Old April 24th 07, 04:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.food.cooking
Barry

On Apr 23, 11:26 pm, Barry wrote:
this revolutionize the way we interact with one another, LOL

think I'm joking? oh no... it's weelll under-way.. computers being
able to smell.
It's no joke. I'm using the wrong terminology. I watched a doc on the
subj.

The immediate application is for sampling perfumes and foods and stuff
on the internet.

I suppose any new participant in this technology would arm their
computer with a scent bank
in the same way a computer is armed with a wave table (is used to
generate sound).

but to smell? hell! you could track down a criminal with "ZOT THE
SNIFFING ROBOT"

who knows

meant to put this in the food group

Smell of a cat Takayuki Cat anecdotes 35 March 8th 05 05:18 AM
Laptop computers and cats. icedog Cat health & behaviour 10 December 21st 04 03:52 AM
Bobcat and computers leigh Cat community 27 May 11th 04 01:47 AM
My cat can program computers Hank Higgens Cat anecdotes 6 April 8th 04 09:06 PM
Ever smell your cat? Hopitus2 Cat anecdotes 5 September 20th 03 01:54 PM