Fire Purrs

Old October 23rd 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne

Default Fire Purrs

Can purrs steer the California wildfires? I dunno, but I'd like to
request at least some good thoughts be sent the way of some of my
relatives in California. They live in Laguna Hills, in Orange County,
and the Santiago fire is "just over the hill."

They're not under evacuation orders yet, but have been told
(informally) to start gathering and packing, just in case they need to
move quickly.

It's my understanding that authorities believe the Santiago fire was
started in at least 3 different locations by arsonists. So lets get
some of those good vibrations going for some rain, or to at least slow
down the Santa Ana winds out there. And major dirty litterbox
droppings on the arsonists who made Mother Nature doing her thing even
worse than usual!

Jeanne
via Google Groups

Old October 23rd 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Jeanne wrote:
Can purrs steer the California wildfires? I dunno, but I'd like to
request at least some good thoughts be sent the way of some of my
relatives in California. They live in Laguna Hills, in Orange County,
and the Santiago fire is "just over the hill."

They're not under evacuation orders yet, but have been told
(informally) to start gathering and packing, just in case they need to
move quickly.

It's my understanding that authorities believe the Santiago fire was
started in at least 3 different locations by arsonists. So lets get
some of those good vibrations going for some rain, or to at least slow
down the Santa Ana winds out there. And major dirty litterbox
droppings on the arsonists who made Mother Nature doing her thing even
worse than usual!

Jeanne
via Google Groups

Purrs for all affected, I hear the fires have now crossed the border into
Mexico. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 23rd 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"Jeanne" wrote in message
oups.com...
Can purrs steer the California wildfires? I dunno, but I'd like to
request at least some good thoughts be sent the way of some of my
relatives in California. They live in Laguna Hills, in Orange County,
and the Santiago fire is "just over the hill."

They're not under evacuation orders yet, but have been told
(informally) to start gathering and packing, just in case they need to
move quickly.

It's my understanding that authorities believe the Santiago fire was
started in at least 3 different locations by arsonists. So lets get
some of those good vibrations going for some rain, or to at least slow
down the Santa Ana winds out there. And major dirty litterbox
droppings on the arsonists who made Mother Nature doing her thing even
worse than usual!

I think it was 1998 that we had our worst bushfires of several decades if
not centuries. Of course, the arsonists picked the days that naturally suit
bushifires - the ones with the very hot, dry, gusty strong winds. Wiped out
large tracts of natural forest, took out alot of houses, and made the sun
look blood red because of all the smoke in the air. We had to get to my
sister's place for Christmas lunch, and had to constantly listen to the
radio to find out which roads had been cut off by the fires - its usually
40 minute drive but we had to take a detour and it took us three hours to
get there. We had to take another route again on the way home as the fires
had changed as we were eating. As we drove in seperate cars, my parents and
I staye din contact for the drive through mobile phones- that was a nasty
bill when it came, but I'm glad we knew each other was OK.

I remember walking out the front of our house on Christmas evening, seeing
the scallops of fire fronts coming down the escarpment and looking in both
awe at the beauty and fear that it would soon be our turn. Later that
evening, we heard the fire engines screaming up our main arterial road, and
readied ourselves to be evacuated - as hte village next to us was. Nights
were very difficult, because as the air cooled, the smoke sank to the
ground, and we had to keep the windows closed otherwise we'd choke, but it
made it stifling hot in the house. There were some rather sleepless nights
that year.

Our capital, Canberra, went through the same thing 3 or 4 years ago and it
was arsonists too. Because the ACT is a small territory, and the location of
the fires, there wasn't enough fire fighters able to get to the fire fronts
in time and alot more houses and unfortunatley lives were lost. Although
250km away, the smoke reached us and I think I posted photos of how much
smoke was inthe air from a fire 250km away - apprantly it even reached New
Zealand.

You'd think that anyone growing up in bushfire prone areas would understand
just how horrific, scary and destructive they are. I waver on what to do
with an arsonist, on one hand I can only conclude they *must* be mentally
unwell to do such a thing, and are therefore not as culpable as a sane
person for their actions, and the other part wants them charged with
everything that the can be charged with, including multiple animal cruelty
for all the animals that suffer and indeed die in bushfires, and even murder
if someone dies as a result of the fire they lit.

So, many purrs to all the lives effected by the bushfires in California.
Hope they can put them out soon.

Yowie

Old October 24th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:26:21 -0700, Jeanne wrote:

Can purrs steer the California wildfires? I dunno, but I'd like to
request at least some good thoughts be sent the way of some of my
relatives in California. They live in Laguna Hills, in Orange County,
and the Santiago fire is "just over the hill."

They're not under evacuation orders yet, but have been told
(informally) to start gathering and packing, just in case they need to
move quickly.

It's my understanding that authorities believe the Santiago fire was
started in at least 3 different locations by arsonists. So lets get
some of those good vibrations going for some rain, or to at least slow
down the Santa Ana winds out there. And major dirty litterbox
droppings on the arsonists who made Mother Nature doing her thing even
worse than usual!

Jeanne
via Google Groups

I had a cousin (now RB) who lost everything in a California fire many
years ago. All they saved were the clothes they wore, their two cars and
two dogs.

Her only child now lives in Santa Barbara. I hope she is safe. I haven't
heard from her in a long time. We are purring for all in the path of the
fires. MMLB

Old October 24th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Jeanne wrote:
Can purrs steer the California wildfires? I dunno, but I'd like to
request at least some good thoughts be sent the way of some of my
relatives in California. They live in Laguna Hills, in Orange County,
and the Santiago fire is "just over the hill."

They're not under evacuation orders yet, but have been told
(informally) to start gathering and packing, just in case they need to
move quickly.

It's my understanding that authorities believe the Santiago fire was
started in at least 3 different locations by arsonists. So lets get
some of those good vibrations going for some rain, or to at least slow
down the Santa Ana winds out there. And major dirty litterbox
droppings on the arsonists who made Mother Nature doing her thing even
worse than usual!

Lots of purrs heading west. I can't believe someone would deliberately
do that!

Old October 24th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:41:23 +0300, Marina wrote:

Jeanne wrote:
[quoted text muted]

Lots of purrs heading west. I can't believe someone would deliberately
do that!

Have you ever heard of "sabotage"? MLB
Old October 24th 07, 09:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Micha[_2_]

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:26:21 -0700 Jeanne wrote:

Can purrs steer the California wildfires? I dunno, but I'd like to
request at least some good thoughts be sent the way of some of my
relatives in California. They live in Laguna Hills, in Orange County,
and the Santiago fire is "just over the hill."

[California fires]

Jeanne
via Google Groups

Sending lots of purrs to California

Michael

--
Square Dance is friendship put to music
Andrea and Michael with furball Merlin
Old October 24th 07, 04:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My brother was with the arsom squad in Mass. for years. He said that so
amny times these people sit back and watch the distruction and enjoy it.
Have no feeling as to animals or people.
"Matthew" wrote in message
Firebugs are one of the scariest serial criminals that there is. They are
one of the few criminal minds that are impossible to understand

Old October 28th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Jeanne wrote:

Can purrs steer the California wildfires? I dunno, but I'd like to
request at least some good thoughts be sent the way of some of my
relatives in California. They live in Laguna Hills, in Orange County,
and the Santiago fire is "just over the hill."

They're not under evacuation orders yet, but have been told
(informally) to start gathering and packing, just in case they need to
move quickly.

It's my understanding that authorities believe the Santiago fire was
started in at least 3 different locations by arsonists. So lets get
some of those good vibrations going for some rain, or to at least slow
down the Santa Ana winds out there. And major dirty litterbox
droppings on the arsonists who made Mother Nature doing her thing even
worse than usual!

Jeanne
via Google Groups

Lots of purrs for everyone affected,