Meet Sonya

Old January 23rd 05, 09:56 AM
O J

Pam wrote:

Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any moment.

---------------------snip----------------------

This reminds me of the time when we were without a cat of our own, but
were feeding this obviously pregnant semi-feral. I don't think she
was really feral, I suspect she was an abandoned pet, turned out of
house and home when she got pregnant.

She'd hang around, loved skritches, and ate the food and water we left
outside for her. One night she just stood outside our door and meowed
till we let her in. We put her in a towel-lined box in the kitchen
and she had her litter that night. We got to see the babies in the
morning, and I'm not sure that wasn't for the best -- I'd have worried
too much seeing them born.

We were asking people if they wanted kittens and not having much luck.
Fortunately, our mailman was looking for a family of cats. He took
the whole bunch!

It sure made us feel good to have homed the mama and all her kittens.

Regards and Purrs,
O J
Old January 23rd 05, 09:57 AM
Krista

Tanada wrote:
Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any

moment.
(snippage)

Awww, congratulations! Lula sends special mamacat purrs to Sonya, and
reassuring vibes about the human babysitters. She'll find it very
convenient, Lula knows. ;-)

I vote for 5 kittens on Sunday, which is Hubie's half-birthday.
------
Krista

Old January 23rd 05, 04:40 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for the birth to be easy for Sonya and for the
kittens to be healthy,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any moment.

snip
So, kitten poll. How many kits do you think Sonya is going to have and
when do you think she'll have them.

Pam S. excited and worried

Old January 24th 05, 06:18 AM
Jean Hobbs

No idea when she'll have them Pam as I can't see her, but 6 is a fairly
average number for Kitties, good luck with them, I'm sure Mandy will
look after them very well, especially with you to guide her, lots of purrs
for the kitties and their mother, and for the big job you've taken on, best
wishes to you
Jean.P.

Tanada wrote in message
ink.net...
Rob wasn't too pleased, but I told him that the power of the purr is
bigger than he is. We picked up Sonya about an hour and a half ago.
Sonya is a gray and white tuxedo and ready to give birth at any moment.
Rob said that he'd rather not deal with a pregnant mum, but we are
needed for her and she is a little darling. She's very nervous,
needless to say, but has been placed in Mandy's bedroom. Mandy has been
given instructions and information on the care and feeding of a cat who
needs to be eating for five. I keep wanting to say seven, so do you
think I'm right and she'll have six kits? Poll here.

Anyway, Sonya is being fed kitten food. We have a warm bed ready for
her, and we know that the odds are that she'll reject the bed. We have
KMR and baby bottles ready for the kits, and are hoping that everything
goes like clockwork and we don't need them.

Old January 24th 05, 08:18 PM
SUQKRT

In article . net, Tanada
wrote:

So, kitten poll. How many kits do you think Sonya is going to have and when

do you think she'll have them.

Pam S. excited and worried

I vote six, I trust your cat sense.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")